Carbon, Mini, Micro, ... Pocket DJ
Mar 7, 2005 at 1:56 AM Post #16 of 21
i baught the carbon from compuplus.com with the mack 3 year warranty and with shipping it was 219.95. with the mail in rebate it brings it to 199.95. thats a hell of a deal considering the mack 3 year warranty. hope this helps

mark

Mar 7, 2005 at 5:33 AM Post #18 of 21

Mar 7, 2005 at 9:59 PM Post #19 of 21
I think that the carbon should be out of your choice now so heres a helpful link

Mar 9, 2005 at 8:08 PM Post #20 of 21
okay, i've had a tough time between the carbon and micro also, a tough time in deciding that is.

i owned a micro, i dont know why i returned it, i guess the bad headphone jack problems users complained of scared me.

amazon refunded me through amazon.com store credit.

1 month later, the carbon's price is only 179.99-20$ rebate= 159.99

i just placed and order for the carbon today, using the standard shipping of 5.85 (hopefully amazon gets it to me fast).

the micro right now is 229.99 on amazon.com. by buying the carbon, i save 65$(plus shipping). granted the carbon doesnt have replaceable battery, or fm radio, or on the fly play list or delete. but 159.99 is a good deal that is so hard to pass by.

the micro i think is also pretty damn great and awesome. hell, i might change my mind and cancel the order to get a micro. i'm way too impulsive.

so go for the carbon, lets buy it together.

Mar 9, 2005 at 10:28 PM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by GSTom1
Creative Labs's customer support is in Oklahoma while Rio's is in India.

rolleyes.gif

Rio moved their customer support to Texas. They did, however, get rid of the toll free number.

Considering all the categories listed the original post (except software, but that's what ephpod is for), I'd go with the iPod. The Zen has more features, though it's a bit more buggy from what I've read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back