car-fi
May 8, 2013 at 11:30 PM Post #994 of 1,421
Well yeah, 612 values are practically in freefall now. The R8 really is a sweet driving car.

May 12, 2013 at 10:30 PM Post #995 of 1,421
Got this yesterday, 2012 Golf R:

Big boy tuning, with details at each step, will begin tomorrow. We're going to see what this thing can do, and at what price points. So far I really like it, it's like a baby A45 AMG.

May 13, 2013 at 1:35 AM Post #997 of 1,421
You have every nice car. Should have gotten 4 door though.

Why? I don't plan for anyone to ever ride in the back seat. This is going to be a track toy.

May 13, 2013 at 8:49 AM Post #999 of 1,421
Quote:
Got this yesterday, 2012 Golf R:

Big boy tuning, with details at each step, will begin tomorrow. We're going to see what this thing can do, and at what price points. So far I really like it, it's like a baby A45 AMG.

Check out the APR tunes, that is pretty much what everyone has had the most success with. You're pretty limited on what turbo's you can run in the MkVI's because there are only like 3-5 tunes out there.

May 13, 2013 at 11:15 AM Post #1,000 of 1,421
2013 Porsche 981 Boxster - white with navy top/interior.  Sadly, if I had waited another model year, I could have overpaid for a Burmeister audio system instead of the Bose.  The sound is pretty good though.

With the global warming going on, its been one of the coolest springs here on the Gulf Coast, and the top has pretty much been down since I picked it up in December, except for rain.  The top goes up/down at speeds up to 30 some odd mph, so I will keep the top down even on questionable days.

May 13, 2013 at 11:27 AM Post #1,001 of 1,421
Check out the APR tunes, that is pretty much what everyone has had the most success with. You're pretty limited on what turbo's you can run in the MkVI's because there are only like 3-5 tunes out there.

We do our own work in-house, but from the looks of it, all we'll need to bother with is software, intake, and exhaust. That and some new Michelin Pilot SS meats. The stock Bosch turbo and IC looks to be good for nearly 400bhp, if we have heat issues we can always get something bigger.

May 13, 2013 at 12:42 PM Post #1,002 of 1,421
You will definitely push that turbo way past its efficiency range (heat) at 400 chp if it doesn't choke out by then. Those cars are torque monsters on stock turbos though which is really what is fun and useful at the track. Any plans for weight loss/suspension? Getting rid of that stock suspension for some adjustable Konis (my experiences with Bilstein have all left me frustrated so far in terms of longevity and customer service) and some coil springs will do that car SO MUCH good. 

May 13, 2013 at 1:38 PM Post #1,003 of 1,421
-2010 Infiniti G37 (Slate Blue)
-2007 MINI Cooper S (Silver/Black)
-1989 Porsche Turbo S (Velvet Red)

May 13, 2013 at 2:50 PM Post #1,004 of 1,421
Quote:
We do our own work in-house, but from the looks of it, all we'll need to bother with is software, intake, and exhaust. That and some new Michelin Pilot SS meats. The stock Bosch turbo and IC looks to be good for nearly 400bhp, if we have heat issues we can always get something bigger.

Software is what I was referring to. I'll be interested to see what you do with it. Here's a pic of my MKVI GTI:

It has been my first "newer" car and I don't really enjoy it that much. I'll be trying to sell it next summer once my project car is on the road.

May 13, 2013 at 3:05 PM Post #1,005 of 1,421
Quote:
When I worked in the parts dept we had quite a few calls about the supercharged versions but none on the turbo versions. The supercharged ones that came in tended to fail after 110K mi range which isn't very high. I would love to get a Cooper S but they always go for a lot at the auctions. Im gonna go ghetto style and test drive one of the new Coopers (with no intention of buying 
biggrin.gif
) to see if the newest version really did improve.

What failed on them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back