car-fi
Jul 21, 2012 at 1:04 AM Post #590 of 1,421
Quote:

You might be able to find an early-'90s Nissan 240sx or Acura Integra for that price

Yeah, and if you search back a few pages you will see my project. I bought a 2000 Integra for $1600. 

Aug 10, 2012 at 2:28 AM Post #592 of 1,421
I must say it does look awesome. You did a great job on detailing it. 

May I ask how the reliability is on your s4? I've heard the audi brand(and all german brands) are a hit or miss in terms of a getting a reliable car.

Also I must ask if your audi does break, does the good feelings and fun it gives you(i'm sure it does) pay off? 

Aug 12, 2012 at 6:45 PM Post #593 of 1,421
Reliability has been good. I had one issue where a power steering line sprung a leak on a sunday 100 miles from home forcing me to drive on it and burn up the pump. So i replaced the line and added some heat shielding to it and got a reman pump. Parts are fairly expensive as is to be expected but I havent had any problems besides the line. I've heard many horror stories about this cars cam timing chain guides but mine has all the signs of been well maintained before me and I keep the oil change interval down as some cheap insurance on that front. So far this one issue has been far outweighed by the fact that I look forward to driving it every time I do.

And in the worst case scenario where I do find myself with a severe engine issue it will be a fun project for me and an opportunity for some long tube headers and a tune :)

I have a motorcycle and a 97 ranger as well so I have the ability to take my time making repairs myself. I can see the hesitation for people who do not have the means or desire to make major repairs themselves.

Aug 18, 2012 at 5:25 PM Post #594 of 1,421
Just got this this week. 2012 Honda CR-Z; Silver, 6-speed Manual Transmission, 360w Sound System, etc.

Aug 19, 2012 at 3:35 PM Post #596 of 1,421
Quote:
I like the idea of the CR-Z, but I don't know how it handles...

Very well. Not a fast car with only 122hp but still really quick below 40 MPH.

Aug 20, 2012 at 9:08 PM Post #598 of 1,421
Quote:
I like the idea of the CR-Z, but I don't know how it handles...

Same here. I did get the chance to test drive the CR-Z in the manual and it feels quite good, but the suspension feels a bit spongy for my tastes. I'm used to stiff rides so maybe that's why. Honestly speaking though, it's too expensive, it's not as economical as it "should" be, and they bummed out a bit on the power. However, I actually LOVE the interior of the thing and it has a lot of very useful features included like hill-assist and ECO mode (not sure if it actually works).

Aug 20, 2012 at 9:37 PM Post #600 of 1,421
Quote:

Same here. I did get the chance to test drive the CR-Z in the manual and it feels quite good, but the suspension feels a bit spongy for my tastes. I'm used to stiff rides so maybe that's why. Honestly speaking though, it's too expensive, it's not as economical as it "should" be, and they bummed out a bit on the power. However, I actually LOVE the interior of the thing and it has a lot of very useful features included like hill-assist and ECO mode (not sure if it actually works).

Is this a return of Subaru's "hill holder" concept?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back