car-fi
Apr 12, 2012 at 1:27 AM Post #452 of 1,421

Quote:
I was actually linking the word slow with the image, seeing how far back Ferrari is in terms of pace this season. Even if Alonso managed to win a race. :p

Ah, I figured there was a hidden context, lol.  They need rain to win.  Can never count Alonso out no matter what he drives, he's just that good.  He's probably the best overall driver there is atm.

It's okay, the rule is that the slower the Ferrari F1 team the faster the Ferrari production cars.  
wink_face.gif

Apr 12, 2012 at 1:29 AM Post #453 of 1,421

Quote:
Ah, I figured there was a hidden context, lol.  They need rain to win.  Can never count Alonso out no matter what he drives, he's just that good.  He's probably the best overall driver there is atm.

It's okay, the rule is that the slower the Ferrari F1 team the faster the Ferrari production cars.  
wink_face.gif

Alonso is so consistent it's almost scary.

Apr 14, 2012 at 12:12 AM Post #455 of 1,421
Apr 14, 2012 at 12:25 AM Post #457 of 1,421

Man look at how primitive the Aero package was on that.  Talk about progress.
Quote:
ayrton senna drove an NSX? lol

Yup.  Who do think tuned the chassis?

Gordon Murray and Montoya drive Mini Coopers, old and new respectively.  Schumacher likes Harleys and Raikonnen has a thing for V8 pick-ups.

Apr 14, 2012 at 12:36 AM Post #460 of 1,421
good question.i definitely don't like black stig. i could outrace him! sacked stig is... a traitor so i guess i like the new one lol.

but you've gotta admit that when tiff was doing the teaching vs sacked stig, the times improved lol

oh to add a question, i'm looking at a retuned fiero, what do you think?

Apr 14, 2012 at 12:47 AM Post #461 of 1,421
I'd have to say my favorite driver right now is Button. I've also been a fan of Segio Perez ever since he managed to finish in 8th place in his first race ever (Australia 2011), in a relatively slow car, on a 1-stop strategy. 

Apr 14, 2012 at 12:51 AM Post #462 of 1,421

Quote:
oh to add a question, i'm looking at a retuned fiero, what do you think?

MR2.  Lighter, better chassis dynamics, aftermarket support.  Toyota versus Pontiac....
blink.gif

"In the August 1985 issue of Road & Track, the Fiero was tested against six other sports cars. The slalom results (MPH): Honda Civic CRX Si: 62.5 Toyota MR2: 61.6 Pontiac Fiero: 61.5 Alfa Romeo Graduate: 58.4 Bertone X1/9: 58.3 Mazda RX-7 GSL: 57.2"

If you prefer the looks of the Fiero, a V6 stock in some models and don't worry about reliability/troubleshooting, why not I guess.

Apr 14, 2012 at 12:52 AM Post #463 of 1,421
onestop is very risky though...  8th in his first race?? wow!!l lol.
i don't hear a lot about kobayashi (i've probably butchered his name too.)

i ask because the guy's thrown in a 480 BHP v8, rebalanced it on some variety of racing suspension stuck performance axels on it and a racing 5 speed manual.

Apr 14, 2012 at 12:54 AM Post #464 of 1,421

Quote:
onestop is very risky though...  8th in his first race?? wow!!l lol.
i don't hear a lot about kobayashi (i've probably butchered his name too.)

also, what do you think about a retuned fiero?

I started watching F1 last year, but I heard Kobayashi was an overtaking monster in 2010. I think he changed his driving style because of the new Pirellis.

I like MR2s, but for a Toyota I've heard it's a bit unreliable. Particularily the gearbox.

Apr 14, 2012 at 12:55 AM Post #465 of 1,421
Kobayashi is the best Japanese driver F1 has ever had.  I was pissed Toyota quit F1 when they debuted Kobayashi in the last few races.  Toyota would have won waaay more w/ Kobayashi and a blue chip like Kubica or better.  All that money they wasted on developing cars for Jarno Trulli and Olivier Panis.  I'll never understand why they didn't spend their massive budget on drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back