car-fi
Jan 9, 2012 at 10:39 AM Post #391 of 1,421
I do like the Turbo/Turbo S a lot and I'm sure I'll consider those as well but I do like the RWD 911s as well so we'll see - the missus wants to look at a house first (i know, right??)

@anaxilus - sorry I meant Eibach - barely stiffer than stock and the stance was nice

Jan 9, 2012 at 2:16 PM Post #392 of 1,421

Quote:

@anaxilus - sorry I meant Eibach - barely stiffer than stock and the stance was nice

I've got Eibachs on my old '92 Corolla.  =P

Jan 9, 2012 at 6:10 PM Post #394 of 1,421

Quote:
LAWL awesome! I think i had cut Eibachs on an old '90 CRX Si =)

Oh, fyi....don't ever cut a spring.  That's like taking one of the hands off a watch.  Especially w/ a torch which alters the characteristics and spring rate of the metal.  This is bad urban mythlogy much like driving a pickup w/ the tailgate down.  Only make things worse.

Jan 9, 2012 at 9:26 PM Post #395 of 1,421

Quote:
Oh, fyi....don't ever cut a spring.  That's like taking one of the hands off a watch.  Especially w/ a torch which alters the characteristics and spring rate of the metal.  This is bad urban mythlogy much like driving a pickup w/ the tailgate down.  Only make things worse.

oh trust me, I know - that was when I was a teenager =)

Jan 10, 2012 at 1:05 AM Post #396 of 1,421
gee whiz! the 911 turbo is that fast,lol? what the heck does the turbo-s and gt3 do 0-60 in. like less than 2 seconds? holy smokes.

hey, hien do the house first! it is actually an investment(even today) and you will enjoy it as much as your wife does. i do not know why men are not big on real estate but cars. well save for donald trump i suppose haha.

Jan 10, 2012 at 1:17 AM Post #397 of 1,421

Quote:

GT3 isn't that fast 0-62.  It's a track car, it doesn't need to be.  If you find yourself at 0mph on the track and not in pit lane you've probably lost.

Jan 11, 2012 at 4:07 PM Post #398 of 1,421

Quote:
gee whiz! the 911 turbo is that fast,lol? what the heck does the turbo-s and gt3 do 0-60 in. like less than 2 seconds? holy smokes.
hey, hien do the house first! it is actually an investment(even today) and you will enjoy it as much as your wife does. i do not know why men are not big on real estate but cars. well save for donald trump i suppose haha.

Nissan GT-R is wicked fast 0-60 as well since the AWD helps a ton - but the 0-60 stat itself does get overrated IMO - more about the total package (high speed acceleration, stability, handling, etc.)

yes - it's time to be more practical (we each have a house of our own so selling those and getting a new one) - there will always a newer/faster/better car waiting to be bought =)

Jan 11, 2012 at 9:27 PM Post #399 of 1,421
gt-r with the carbon fiber version is awesome. i just found out there is a tuned 599 gto with 888bhp! oh boy....even car and driver was drifting the stock one all over the place. if you lift throttle before second then floor it right before you pull the paddle.....oops. that's just stock lol. cars breaking free 2 wheels is one thing but all four is just insane lol. well, it has been said i don't drive very good :D

Jan 12, 2012 at 11:37 AM Post #400 of 1,421

Quote:
gt-r with the carbon fiber version is awesome.

there's a GTR around, I see it about once a week at a soccer field. it's kind of stealthy, bordering on ugly, but it's a beast when it awakens... :wink:

I alternate between an 09 GTI and a 99 740i, both are plenty quick and attractive without sticking out too much in a crowd. had to retrofit an iPod integration kit for the BMW, ditching the CD changer...

Jan 12, 2012 at 9:21 PM Post #401 of 1,421

Quote:
there's a GTR around, I see it about once a week at a soccer field. it's kind of stealthy, bordering on ugly, but it's a beast when it awakens... :wink:

I alternate between an 09 GTI and a 99 740i, both are plenty quick and attractive without sticking out too much in a crowd. had to retrofit an iPod integration kit for the BMW, ditching the CD changer...

A lot of GTRs around here.  Too bad almost none of the drivers use them.  Probably the fastest car I've never seen tracked on any track day.  I think most of the owners are young and wealthy enough to grab the car but not enough to play w/ them.

Jan 12, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #402 of 1,421
well it snowed real nice. the hummer is an amazing vehicle in it's own right. it goes through a "wall" of snow. most mere suv's can only go through snow up to their front bumper. i have the real one from the 90's not the toy they make now.

Jan 13, 2012 at 7:18 PM Post #403 of 1,421
I see quite a few of them around my area as well, but on the occasions I can see who's driving they're usually not young.  Around where I work though I seem to see quite a few R8s, and those drivers seem awfully young.

Quote:
A lot of GTRs around here.  Too bad almost none of the drivers use them.  Probably the fastest car I've never seen tracked on any track day.  I think most of the owners are young and wealthy enough to grab the car but not enough to play w/ them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back