car-fi
Jan 21, 2014 at 3:00 PM Post #1,111 of 1,421
Here's mine, totally standard.

Jul 19, 2014 at 8:56 AM Post #1,113 of 1,421
Porsche 911 Carrera GTS. I have pics on Tumblr and Instagram. I have to post links from the computer. I have no idea what the links are on my phone which I'm posting from right now. It took me a lot of years to save up for it but it was worth it.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Jul 24, 2014 at 7:43 PM Post #1,114 of 1,421

Here's a pic of my fun car. Got it new in 2007, have put roughly $30k into it and am currently sitting around 600whp :) will take more pics soon of interior and under hood if you'd like :)

Jul 24, 2014 at 7:50 PM Post #1,115 of 1,421
Here are a few more.  Sucks at the time I they didn't make an after market Brembo Brake kit so I got Rotora on the back and brembo up front. the red calibers still match though  :)

I also have a good amount of car audio too I just cant find a pic. guess I could stop being lazy and go up stairs in the garage and take one lol

Dec 5, 2014 at 12:55 AM Post #1,119 of 1,421

Here's a pic of my fun car. Got it new in 2007, have put roughly $30k into it and am currently sitting around 600whp :) will take more pics soon of interior and under hood if you'd like :)

Nice! I know it's been a while since you posted this but how's that VQ35 handling the extra power? At 600 you must be running quite a lot of boost! I often drive a VQ35 J31 Teanna and it's a nice car but definitely needs better brakes.

Dec 5, 2014 at 9:20 AM Post #1,120 of 1,421
Hey thanks for the interest. Its always nice to see that there are other enthusiasts out there on the head-fi forum :)  The car has been holding up great, I've had it boosted for about 5 years now.   Its twin turbo'd with GT28RS turbo's  and its only at 11 PSI which are great numbers.   Soon I will be getting meth injection which should allow me to raise the boost an get close to 20% more HP at the operating temps I get now.   I haven't had any issues out of my motor at all, I love it.  As for breaks, they are a must imo. A lot of people wait to upgrade them or just never upgrade them but its such a night and day difference.  I've got Brembo BBK up front and Rotora BBK in the back and they work amazingly I must say :)

Dec 9, 2014 at 10:28 AM Post #1,121 of 1,421
  Hey thanks for the interest. Its always nice to see that there are other enthusiasts out there on the head-fi forum :)  The car has been holding up great, I've had it boosted for about 5 years now.   Its twin turbo'd with GT28RS turbo's  and its only at 11 PSI which are great numbers.   Soon I will be getting meth injection which should allow me to raise the boost an get close to 20% more HP at the operating temps I get now.   I haven't had any issues out of my motor at all, I love it.  As for breaks, they are a must imo. A lot of people wait to upgrade them or just never upgrade them but its such a night and day difference.  I've got Brembo BBK up front and Rotora BBK in the back and they work amazingly I must say :)

No probs! I've heard about lots of people saying that the VQs have fairly weak internals and can't handle much more than 8 or so psi but yours is proof that it's just fine! If I did have the money I'd probably get proper brakes (Brembos or something), a chip and exhaust. The J31's stock exhaust it quieter than my grandma's car! I'm saving up for a car that can be in my name completely and I'm looking at a 2JZ twin turbo aristo. I've kinda been a fan of wolf in sheep's clothing sleepers for a while and supra running gear in a car that looks like a camry? Yes please. Handling isn't it's strong point from what I've heard (It's based on the crown chassis I think) but for a first performance car that's also practical I guess it's not too bad.

Dec 9, 2014 at 4:09 PM Post #1,122 of 1,421
Hell yeah that's sounds awesome.  Id like to see that.   As for the weak internals of the VQ's theyre kinda right.  The VQ35DE which is in the older model Z's has weak rods and you cant put tons of power through it without a build.  The motor in my 2007 Z is the VQ35HR and can handle a lot of power on the stock block.   I will eventually go buy another HR motor and strip it down and build it up to handle around 1200-1400hp then put about 850whp though it.  that way im not maxing everything out and still getting great HP numbers safely :)

Dec 11, 2014 at 11:36 PM Post #1,123 of 1,421
The aristo sounds like a great car to start out with as a first to own. Anything you can tinker with for cheap is good.

Here are a few of my latest acquisitions...

1990 M3. Bought this as an investment and mini-restoration project. It's a great car to drive, even with only 195 hp. It doesn't need power to be exciting. 

1985 635csi. Not sure if I posted this before, but it is something I bought to perform a restoration on. It's a great runner, but I've had to do lots of bodywork, rust removal, and structural work to get it where it is now. It still needs a lot! It's definitely a 30 footer, but I'll be damned if it isn't a joy to drive and stare at!

2009 Caynene Turbo S. Bought it as my "work truck." It now has intakes, cat bypass pipes, exhaust, and a tune to deliver approximately 620 hp. It's significantly faster than my M5!

Mar 1, 2015 at 10:56 PM Post #1,125 of 1,421
I agree! I can't bring myself to sell any of the becuase they're all so good in their own ways. I'd highly recommend any of them to an enthusiast who isn't afraid to get their hands a little dirty once in a while. The trade off is driving bliss :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back