car-fi
Apr 27, 2021 at 9:08 AM Post #1,277 of 1,421
Well this got the Clampett's around OK :rolling_eyes:

1619528874828.png

May 24, 2021 at 1:42 PM Post #1,280 of 1,421
I'm not a sporty car person anymore. Got rid of my G35 coupe manual, and got a 2013 RDX with low mileage. Really happy with the RDX. Lots of luxury features and very very quiet inside the car, and I wanted a lot of room inside the car to lug around stuff in the back. I could have went for a truck, but I want something comfortable and quiet in the inside. I think RDX are under valued due to not as popular as Lexus or German luxury. So, they are worth looking into for great deals. Mine is V6 and I just luv the way it feels in terms of comfort. Too old for sporty cars now. RDX has such a smooth ride, opposite of the stiff suspension G35. Electronic steering feels really easy, it's just all around good vehicle for an oldie like me. lol.

If anybody was looking for compact SUV like RAV4 or CRV, I would highly recommend the RDX instead. Superior in everyway and you can get them around the same price range, and it has luxury features. Also, you got V6 engine and AWD (no brainer). Much better than the V4s typical front wheel drives of most compact SUVs out there.

I'm not a car fixer person, so no way for me to go German vehicles, and lately I've been hearing bad things about Lexus. I wanted Japanese reliability. All my previous cars were Japanese except one, and all treated me well so far.

I was actually on the lookout for a Toyota hybrid SUV to save on gas, but I figure I won't be driving a ton. The newest RAV4 Hybrid or Prime gets great MPG for an SUV. I'm not looking to spend that much on new right now.

Also, the new Bronco would have been fun, but not the class of vehicle I need for easy rides.

2013-Acura-RDX-three-quarter-front-view.jpg

Last edited:
May 24, 2021 at 2:47 PM Post #1,281 of 1,421
So I guess I should not reference the Clampett's car ever again as a drunk or at least driver under the influence totaled my 2018 Outback the 24th of May when he smashed into the drivers side rear as it was parked across the street from our house in my neighbors driveway which runs parallel to our street however still 4-5 feet inside the curb. So the driver hops the curb and hits it, shoves it 12 feet into the neighbors car and is somehow able to scurry away :smirk: We saw his dual cab pickup turning on the next street up as we ran out our door but it was dark and his plate could not been seen so my first instinct was to jump in my car and chase him down only to approach my car and realize I was not going anywhere!

Philips 01.JPG

Fortunately it was parked (no one in the car) and looks like 40 years of paying insurance has finally paid off so to speak:rolling_eyes:

Sparkly.JPG

Hopefully my 3rd Outback will be the charm:beerchug:

May 24, 2021 at 2:59 PM Post #1,282 of 1,421
So I guess I should not reference the Clampett's car ever again as a drunk or at least driver under the influence totaled my 2018 Outback the 24th of May when he smashed into the drivers side rear as it was parked across the street from our house in my neighbors driveway which runs parallel to our street however still 4-5 feet inside the curb. So the driver hops the curb and hits it, shoves it 12 feet into the neighbors car and is somehow able to scurry away :smirk: We saw his dual cab pickup turning on the next street up as we ran out our door but it was dark and his plate could not been seen so my first instinct was to jump in my car and chase him down only to approach my car and realize I was not going anywhere!

Philips 01.JPG

Fortunately it was parked (no one in the car) and looks like 40 years of paying insurance has finally paid off so to speak:rolling_eyes:

Sparkly.JPG

That's hilarious. 40 years of insurance paid off. lol

I always wanted to try a Subaru. It's popular in places that snows a ton like in the New England area. I want to know why it's so popular there.

May 25, 2021 at 12:15 PM Post #1,283 of 1,421
That's hilarious. 40 years of insurance paid off. lol

I always wanted to try a Subaru. It's popular in places that snows a ton like in the New England area. I want to know why it's so popular there.

Obviously I was being facetious but on the bright side their not raising my rates :smirk: Well being a top rated 4 wheel drive vehicle you may have answered your own question about popularity in snowy climbs:thinking: Like a few other cars they have proven off road bloodlines:wink:

1621959312682.png

or more to your point :beerchug:

1621959468470.png

Last edited:
May 25, 2021 at 5:45 PM Post #1,284 of 1,421

Philips 01.JPG

Sparkly.JPG

I Bought a 2020 Silverado LT last August... in Dec 2020 a painfully under insured drunken ahole plowed into the back of my truck (on the upside it was parked so my wife and I uninjured as we were not in the Truck).. bent the frame .. according to the Police he had to be going 70~ mph (35mph limit) totaled the truck

My insurance paid me +6K over what I had into the truck ... (used car prices are insane right now) .. got a 2021 Silverado LT 4x4 at the very end of December.

I hope my insurance goes after that drunk jerk till the end of time for their $46~K back

20210525_134753.jpg

This is my Silverado after getting washed today.

May 25, 2021 at 8:50 PM Post #1,285 of 1,421
I Bought a 2020 Silverado LT last August... in Dec 2020 a painfully under insured drunken ahole plowed into the back of my truck (on the upside it was parked so my wife and I uninjured as we were not in the Truck).. bent the frame .. according to the Police he had to be going 70~ mph (35mph limit) totaled the truck

My insurance paid me +6K over what I had into the truck ... (used car prices are insane right now) .. got a 2021 Silverado LT 4x4 at the very end of December.

I hope my insurance goes after that drunk jerk till the end of time for their $46~K back

20210525_134753.jpg
This is my Silverado after getting washed today.
Looks nice, glad you and the misses are safe as well:thumbsup: I had paid mine off last summer not to have a car note with our baby starting college next year while his brother will start his third year and I wanted no note with two in college at the same time! Fortunately as you say used prices are up right now and I was able to pay off a small loan, a credit card and only ended up with a $225 payment for 36 months so I too made out pretty well. Can't beat white and holds better resale:wink:

May 27, 2021 at 11:45 PM Post #1,286 of 1,421
The new Tacoma TRD is a beaute. I luv the headlight design. I luv the colors they come in. I want the army tan color. I dislike their interiors however. Taco will be mine one day.

09f1047e256fe101ce87b41c1031b781.jpg

Last edited:
May 28, 2021 at 9:52 AM Post #1,287 of 1,421
I find her channel/show entertaining. It seems she knowledgeable enough to give us the necessary low-down (I like that she does when she does under the hood segment), but also does the review in a entertaining way (takes off road vehicles off road etc..). I like watching Top Gear for the personality, and I feel her channel is the same. Of course it's not on the same level as the original Top Gear with the original gang. But, I like shows with a personality.

Anybody from foreign countries, this video could be interesting. It's a drive across the US from East to West.

It's crazy how well kept this 1994 Ford Ranger is. How does someone take care of a truck that well?

Last edited:
May 29, 2021 at 12:30 AM Post #1,288 of 1,421
Ford F150 electric. MKBHD did his research. Electric has great potential for off-roading with high torque at low gear.

I hate the look of Fords however. Boring lookin and don't age gracefully. Tacoma is way better lookin.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back