car alarms - what can be done?
Mar 8, 2006 at 9:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

gshan

Headphoneus Supremus
What can I do about neighborhood car alarms that go off in the middle of the night that don't stop? The worst was a year ago some punk's alarm blasted for 3-4 hours straight. Can I call 911 for these situations, or is there a better solution? I'm sure you NYC-ers have a lot of experience with this...

Btw...Plan B. involves broken tailights or a brick through the windshield.

I'm losing too much sleep over this noise pollution!

Mar 8, 2006 at 1:54 PM Post #2 of 18
Plan b is much more interesting
very_evil_smiley.gif

At the previous place I used to leave, one of my neighbour got a ****** minivan w/ crappy car alarms which always goes off every time the bus pass through our block. After several times he got a flat on more than one of his tires (not me
tongue.gif
) he finally got the idea and park the car far from the bus routes.

Mar 8, 2006 at 2:21 PM Post #3 of 18
call the cops, NY state law dictates that alarms cannot go off for more then 30 or 60 seconds continuously, they'll get a ticket if nothing else

Mar 8, 2006 at 5:34 PM Post #8 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by nysulli
call the cops, NY state law dictates that alarms cannot go off for more then 30 or 60 seconds continuously, they'll get a ticket if nothing else

Call the police. Sounds like a good way to go as every municipality has noise ordinances.

Mar 8, 2006 at 8:03 PM Post #10 of 18
Yeah, you've got to call the local PD, which always have listed non-emergency numbers.

Mar 8, 2006 at 8:37 PM Post #11 of 18
take care of chrime at the source... execute all thieves
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
. that would at least help alleviate the need for burglar alarms.

Mar 8, 2006 at 8:41 PM Post #13 of 18
speaking of crimes and cars, one of the guys in our area installed blue lights used by the police on his car so he can pull people over, but once he got caught because he pulled over an unmarked undercover police car.

Mar 8, 2006 at 8:42 PM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
take care of chrime at the source... execute all thieves
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
. that would at least help alleviate the need for burglar alarms.

You would've liked last night episode of Boston Legal
icon10.gif

Someone who had been robbed a few times finally had it and created a security system that would shock people with 50,000? volts of electricity...

Needless to say, he incapacitated a would-be thief!

Mar 8, 2006 at 8:51 PM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by JahJahBinks
speaking of crimes and cars, one of the guys in our area installed blue lights used by the police on his car so he can pull people over, but once he got caught because he pulled over an unmarked undercover police car.

Did you happen to hear how many years he got for impersonating an officer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back