Car accidents Suck thread
Aug 29, 2007 at 4:09 PM Post #16 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Computerpro3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So if you're at a stop light and get rammed from behind, it's not completely the other guy's fault?
rolleyes.gif

yep, you were there to get hit. hahahaha

Aug 29, 2007 at 4:32 PM Post #17 of 24
I was in a bad one when I was 16... riding in a backseat with no seatbelt (yes I was an idiot)... the driver was jacked up on coke (which I was unaware of) and we got into a solo crash that sent me into the dash and windshield fracturing my sinus cavity and putting me in a coma overnight. It was because of this that I was never able to play football or pass a physical to join the military. Moral of the story - wear seatbelts!

Aug 29, 2007 at 10:33 PM Post #18 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was in a bad one when I was 16... riding in a backseat with no seatbelt (yes I was an idiot)... the driver was jacked up on coke (which I was unaware of) and we got into a solo crash that sent me into the dash and windshield fracturing my sinus cavity and putting me in a coma overnight. It was because of this that I was never able to play football or pass a physical to join the military. Moral of the story - wear seatbelts!

Dang, man. Sorry to hear that. My spirits are better after a night's sleep, and thanks to medication (Celebrex), my chest and ab strain pains are doing better, too.

I just found out my long-awaited Senn HE-60 and Stax SRD-7 MkII purchase have shipped to me, so hey, I figure things could have been worse
smily_headphones1.gif
Go, Head-Fi!

Aug 29, 2007 at 10:36 PM Post #19 of 24
So far I've been pretty lucky with my car. The only "accidents" I've been in didn't involve any other vehicles and only resulted in minor damage to my car. Even so, I still felt pretty dumb when Taco Bell knocked off one of my mirrors.

Aug 30, 2007 at 1:49 AM Post #20 of 24
If you are lucky enough to just get into a minor fender bender, all the fun is when the insurance company f#$ks you up the @$$ later.

Wheeeeee!

Right now my health insurance is reaming my rectum.

Don't you just love insurance companies? I went into the wrong profession. Get money on a regular basis, and don't do everything you said you would do. Wow, what a business model.

-Ed

Aug 30, 2007 at 2:59 AM Post #21 of 24
Ugh.. sorry to hear about your misfortune Jon, this will be the third story I've heard recently where the person at fault tries to pull the old switcheroo and eff the other guy over. Rock out to some Enter Sandman and try and feel better.

Aug 30, 2007 at 3:11 AM Post #22 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon L /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so hey, I figure things could have been worse
smily_headphones1.gif
Go, Head-Fi!

I spoke too soon. I got home today to find my dedicated silent audio PC with all my music DEAD! Green power light goes on but no hard drive spinning, no monitor output, nada.

I hope it's just the Mobo ... But the streak of bad luck I've been having is just mind-boggling. Time to beef up my life insurance soon methinks
frown.gif

Aug 30, 2007 at 4:09 AM Post #23 of 24
Try reseating the processor, if it's not an incredible pain to get the heatsink off.
That happened to me once, and it turned out I had just jostled it and somehow (don't ask me how) the processor got disconnected.

Aug 30, 2007 at 10:49 AM Post #24 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon L /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I spoke too soon. I got home today to find my dedicated silent audio PC with all my music DEAD! Green power light goes on but no hard drive spinning, no monitor output, nada.

I hope it's just the Mobo ... But the streak of bad luck I've been having is just mind-boggling. Time to beef up my life insurance soon methinks
frown.gif

You're really having one hell of a month!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back