Capuchins maybe, chimpanzees no way
Feb 27, 2009 at 6:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

amphead

Headphoneus Supremus
Feb 27, 2009 at 7:46 AM Post #2 of 30
Horrible story. I've never wanted a primate as a pet. Heck, look how difficult children can be.
wink.gif
I've always preferred domisticated animals - how could you get the love of a cat or dog from something wild? If I had the land, some domestic farm animals would be fun to have around. A horse, goat, sheep, pig, cow, etc. would probably make a good pet, too.

Feb 27, 2009 at 10:19 AM Post #4 of 30
They should bury the monkey in the back yard and hang that woman from the nearest tree and auction off everything she owned and give the proceeds to the injured party. Stupidity should have penalties.

Feb 27, 2009 at 10:24 AM Post #5 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They should bury the monkey in the back yard and hang that woman from the nearest tree and auction off everything she owned and give the proceeds to the injured party. Stupidity should have penalties.

Don't you think she's suffered enough?
rolleyes.gif

Feb 27, 2009 at 10:25 AM Post #6 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't you think she's suffered enough?
rolleyes.gif

Who? The woman who got her face ripped off or the woman who lost her pet monkey?

Feb 27, 2009 at 1:04 PM Post #7 of 30
reminds me of a few years back, these pitbulls got out in a rural area near where I live, went on a rampage, iirc two dead (or one nearly dead), took a shotgun and quite some time to put them down for good

now here's the really dark comment/question/whatever, if the person doing the stabbing had been using a properly sharpened chef's knife, such as a Wusthof, would the damn monkey have been getting back up? in this man's opinion: hell no (when you've seen them take fingers nearly completely off in a single pass, with low pressure, taking a throat or arm open isn't really a strech, and before you say "but its heat of the moment", if you've already resolved to try and stab the thing to death, slashing it isn't really an "upgrade")

to blueyez, I say put the pet monkey in a cage with the owner, let god sort it out

Feb 27, 2009 at 2:58 PM Post #8 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by obobskivich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
reminds me of a few years back, these pitbulls got out in a rural area near where I live, went on a rampage, iirc two dead (or one nearly dead), took a shotgun and quite some time to put them down for good

now here's the really dark comment/question/whatever, if the person doing the stabbing had been using a properly sharpened chef's knife, such as a Wusthof, would the damn monkey have been getting back up? in this man's opinion: hell no (when you've seen them take fingers nearly completely off in a single pass, with low pressure, taking a throat or arm open isn't really a strech, and before you say "but its heat of the moment", if you've already resolved to try and stab the thing to death, slashing it isn't really an "upgrade")

to blueyez, I say put the pet monkey in a cage with the owner, let god sort it out

Monkey is full of lead, "He Be Dead".

Feb 27, 2009 at 3:08 PM Post #9 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Monkey is full of lead, "He Be Dead".

well, if he wasn't (I just thought about it, since they had to shoot it to death to save the lady, yay for half awakeness!!!)

or maybe get a different monkey, like an orangutan, and just hop it up on PCP or something

yeah, I realize, PETA and whatnot would be all over you, just loose their "animal buddy" on them next, lets see, 10-15 demonstrators vs PCP orangutan, gonna go with demonstrators 0, PCP organtuan 10-15
wink.gif

Feb 27, 2009 at 11:41 PM Post #11 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by obobskivich /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Don't see it. Unless you hit a high pressure artery or CNS, it will take a long time for the chimp to bleed out from even fatal wounds. And given that animals are too dumb to realize they're dead, the chimp will fight until it does bleed out. Chimps are also significantly more slash/stab resistant than humans due to the fur and tougher skin. Add in stress/skill levels and it wouldn't matter what she had. There's no way she's quickly taking down the chimp with a bladed weapon.

Feb 28, 2009 at 12:56 AM Post #12 of 30
Shocking. did not like listen to the phone. must have been traumatic to watch

Feb 28, 2009 at 5:07 AM Post #13 of 30
Feb 28, 2009 at 5:39 AM Post #14 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by amphead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A long story about an earlier chimpanzee attack, chimp owner lost his "manhood" and more............

Worst Chimpanzee Attack Story Ever - Moe the Chimp Owner Attacked - Esquire

That has got to be the most horrible thing that I have ever read.

I have no idea how someone can have the will to go on in that situation.

Everything went wrong.

I also cannot believe that the facility let 3 animals out.

I am stunned after reading this.

Feb 28, 2009 at 6:32 AM Post #15 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by marvin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't see it. Unless you hit a high pressure artery or CNS, it will take a long time for the chimp to bleed out from even fatal wounds. And given that animals are too dumb to realize they're dead, the chimp will fight until it does bleed out. Chimps are also significantly more slash/stab resistant than humans due to the fur and tougher skin. Add in stress/skill levels and it wouldn't matter what she had. There's no way she's quickly taking down the chimp with a bladed weapon.

so you're telling me even if I went off with a chainsaw, it'd ignore it? basically like a wild dog?

never knew that about monkeys, erm, chimps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back