Can't understand this 6moons review
Feb 8, 2014 at 10:38 PM Post #16 of 25
  Be glad that it is over. I hope you avoid this kind of situation in the future.

Just so that I am clear about this, did you go to all this trouble to send back a $550 product because you were not happy with the "finishing"?

That was shorthand for multiple problems, including scratches/gouges on the faceplate, and a beveled cutout for a headphone jack that looked like it had been cut with a broken tool.  I didn't want to flame the company too much at the time of my first post, but at this point I don't care.

Feb 9, 2014 at 12:41 PM Post #18 of 25
  That was shorthand for multiple problems, including scratches/gouges on the faceplate, and a beveled cutout for a headphone jack that looked like it had been cut with a broken tool.  I didn't want to flame the company too much at the time of my first post, but at this point I don't care.

Thanks for saying it like it is. I am glad this is over. The best of luck to you.

Feb 10, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #19 of 25

I don't give much stock to 6moons reviews- they're among the most convoluted reviewers and in between paragraphs they insert an annoying ad that completely distracts my reading.

Yeah - I would really like to know who they think they're appealing to with their ambiguous word puzzles. The pretentiousness of the headphone product reviewer is truly through the roof. His reviews are often utterly unusable - it's pretty frustrating.

Sorry to hear of your problems, Rimbaud.

Feb 10, 2014 at 10:14 PM Post #20 of 25
What I like about 6moons is that they will sometimes say it like it is. That is almost unheard of among hi fi reviewers these days, websites or magazines. These days any product that receives faint praise is truly damned because reading between the lines that means that the reviewer thinks it is utter junk.

What I don't like about 6 moons is that some of the writers are very poor communicators.

Feb 13, 2014 at 6:46 AM Post #21 of 25
  What I like about 6moons is that they will sometimes say it like it is. That is almost unheard of among hi fi reviewers these days, websites or magazines. These days any product that receives faint praise is truly damned because reading between the lines that means that the reviewer thinks it is utter junk.

What I don't like about 6 moons is that some of the writers are very poor communicators.

It's good that they have integrity (although, reading some of the posts on this thread, that integrity is being brought into question) - but communication is the essence of a journalist's job!

If a reviewer is a poor communicator, perhaps he shouldn't be a reviewer...?

Mar 11, 2014 at 12:41 AM Post #22 of 25

i think they rarely call it like it is. they have been forced by readers to acknowledge some mistakes and bad apples but more than anything they are paid advertisers.

Mar 12, 2014 at 11:25 AM Post #23 of 25

i think they rarely call it like it is. they have been forced by readers to acknowledge some mistakes and bad apples but more than anything they are paid advertisers.

Totally disagree about the integrity of their main reviewer/editor. I have found their reviews to be informative and full of relevant comparisons.
Also, Zu audio products have been praised by several unconnected reviewers.
His style of reviewing is idiosyncratic and I can completely understand the criticism of his language.

Mar 12, 2014 at 11:36 AM Post #24 of 25
my direct experience has confirmed for me that they do not stand behind what they print nor is srajan overly concerned with the accuracy of his reports. i confronted him directly over statements he made in print where we both experienced the same event and his response was simply that he didnt care and that it "was old history." i understand that he needs to make money but he has far less journalistic integrity than many others in the field. i also know former 6moons reviewer and think they share the same sentiment. 6moons is really nothing more than a giant glossy brochure. they take great photos and have a nice website but many of the reviews are paid advertisements.

Mar 12, 2014 at 1:43 PM Post #25 of 25
  my direct experience has confirmed for me that they do not stand behind what they print nor is srajan overly concerned with the accuracy of his reports. i confronted him directly over statements he made in print where we both experienced the same event and his response was simply that he didnt care and that it "was old history." i understand that he needs to make money but he has far less journalistic integrity than many others in the field. i also know former 6moons reviewer and think they share the same sentiment. 6moons is really nothing more than a giant glossy brochure. they take great photos and have a nice website but many of the reviews are paid advertisements.

You seem to have had a really bad experience....Now I can't wait to hear more details if you don't mind

Users who are viewing this thread

Back