Can't stand JVC 'Gumy' anymore.. need help!
Nov 29, 2008 at 4:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

andyreynold

Head-Fier
Hey folks, I've been using the JVC 'Gumy' headphones for about a month now. The sound quality is not the best, but acceptable. My main issue with them is they fail to stay in place, especially while lying down. I tend to listen to podcasts (spoken word), TV, and rock/hip-hop music on them as I try to go to sleep. It is very annoying to have to reinsert the earbuds each time I move.

So, I would like to purchase a new pair of earbuds, not IEMs or 'canalphones'. I'd like to spend under $20, but up to $50 is acceptable. Sound quality is a secondary issue; staying in my ear comfortably is paramount in this situation.

Please recommend some good 'buds!

Thanks folks
beyersmile.png
!

Nov 29, 2008 at 5:54 PM Post #4 of 10
Yeah, I second trying them with the foam pads. Foam pads help keep my yuin pk3 in my ears. I also prefer the sound with the foam pads. If the foamies on your jvc's don't work out, then perhaps you should check out the yuin pk3 or perhaps one of the sennheiser earbuds.

Nov 29, 2008 at 6:37 PM Post #5 of 10
I highly recommend Philips SHE2650 earbuds. They're around $13 from Amazon.com. They stay in my ears very well and are comfortable. And because of the offset shape of the "stick" part they even feel OK when laying on my side.

I listen mostly straight of of a Sansa Clip. The sound of these earbuds is very neutral, the bass improves with an mini3 amp, but acceptable unamped.

I don't have many good buds to compare these against. I prefer them to the Senn MX450 which always seemed rather dark for my taste. The balance is more neutral, resembling the KSC75.

Nov 30, 2008 at 2:59 AM Post #7 of 10
the jvc fx66 (aircushions) are pretty comfortable using the foam tips provided. they are 30-35 dollars. Marshmallows are cheap, but I didn't find them as comfortable.

however, if foams on the gummies goes well, you wont have to buy either of those. your wallet would be happy.

Dec 2, 2008 at 4:47 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by andyreynold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The foam helped a lot! The Gumys managed to stay in at least twice as often as before. They were also much more comfortable.

Thanks again for all the advice!

Glad things worked out for you and you saved a bit of money......for now
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back