Can't send a PM
Apr 29, 2011 at 1:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Kevin Brown

1000+ Head-Fier
New problem today.  I'm using IE7 (work PC).  My messages page loads OK, but then when I try to reply to a message I've already gotten, it says "Done, but with errors on the page" down in the status bar.  The message is still in the Reply box, and hasn't been sent.  I've tried doing this in a new tab, or a new "instance" of IE, but none of that works.  Can't reply to a PM period.  Used to work.

??

Apr 30, 2011 at 5:22 AM Post #3 of 15
Work PC.

Anyway, a buddy of mine had the same problem today.  I don't know what IE he's running though.

OK, Firefox 3.6.16 at home works.  I'll try again Mon with IE7.

May 2, 2011 at 1:22 PM Post #5 of 15
OK, my buddy said his worked Fri with IE (but not Thurs).

IE7 for me still isn't working.

Let me know if there's any more info I can get you.

The only thing I can spot is the "Error on page", with a yellow exclamation point in the status bar at the lower left of the window when I try to send a PM.

Maybe not a big deal as most people have moved on from IE7, but early last week it worked, later in the week, no.

May 3, 2011 at 2:00 PM Post #6 of 15
I'm trying to convince my buddy to post here. 
smile_phones.gif

He said he couldn't reply to PMs again yesterday with IE.

May 5, 2011 at 3:38 PM Post #7 of 15
I can't seem to be able to send PMs while using either Firefox or Chrome, currently. It just says "Please Wait" for a moment and returns to the PM form. This happend regardless of how I try to send it (through the for sale forums, from a user's profile, or through 'compose'). I was only able to get one off a couple days ago. 

May 7, 2011 at 2:59 AM Post #11 of 15
Hi Jude, thanks for trying to fix this.  In IE6 (I know, old) I am getting the same error as Kevin below (highlighted in red).

I can check again Monday.  This same thing does recur from time to time.  Emptying cache/temporary files/cookies used to seem to help in the past but that was not helping the past week.

Cheers! 

Quote:
OK, my buddy said his worked Fri with IE (but not Thurs).

IE7 for me still isn't working.

Let me know if there's any more info I can get you.

The only thing I can spot is the "Error on page", with a yellow exclamation point in the status bar at the lower left of the window when I try to send a PM.

Maybe not a big deal as most people have moved on from IE7, but early last week it worked, later in the week, no.

May 11, 2011 at 3:33 PM Post #13 of 15
My sympathies go out to those who are forced to use IE6. And even more so to the web guys who have to support it. 
triportsad.gif

I just fired up my old IE6 and clicking on the "Send a Private Message" link from a user profile page does nothing. These were the Javascript errors shown after double-clicking the yellow exclamation point:

Line: 32, Char: 289,
Error: Expected ')'

Line: 2, Char: 1191,
Error: 'YAHOO.util' is null or not an object

Hope that helps, though I won't be starting up IE6 again anytime soon to find out.

May 11, 2011 at 8:15 PM Post #14 of 15
^Thanks, Yoga Flame.

I'll talk to my IT and see why they haven't updated.  I know it's old.

Will try to switch to a different browser for Head-Fi.

May 19, 2011 at 1:31 PM Post #15 of 15
I can PM now again with IE7.  Can also update my Profile too, which the last time I tried, I couldn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back