Can't get good bass seal on Westone 3's
Jul 7, 2010 at 12:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

johnnylexus

500+ Head-Fier
I love my Westone 3's but I use them at the gym and I just can't seem to get a good tight seal.  I know that everybody's ears are different, but I am getting really frustrated.  I have tried triple flange, foamies, the little rubbery tips ... all of them just work loose after a few minutes of exercise.  I have even thought about custom ear pieces, but I have hesitated because I'm not sure if the seal on those would be able to stay put either.  Any recommendations?

Jul 7, 2010 at 1:18 PM Post #3 of 6
Do foamies include the large cylinders that you have to compress to fit in your ear canal? Like orange gun earplugs, but perhaps black, like the ones that come with the Ety Hf5. Those are able to seal most ears because of the expansion of the foam filling in odd shaped ear canals. 

Jul 7, 2010 at 8:56 PM Post #4 of 6
I find the W3s are more for sitting IEMs and I can't get the best seal when working out as well. I'm also worried about sweat getting into them and frying them (like my now dead SE110s).

I find the Shure olives the best for working out.

Jul 7, 2010 at 9:45 PM Post #5 of 6
I just got a set of Comply Tx-100 tips that would be compatible with your Westones. I found them to stay very securely in my ears. Much better than the original rubber tips that came with my Klipsch S4's, yet still just as comfortable.

Worth a consideration anyhow.

Cheers,
Josh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back