Can't format my Sandisk 64GB SDXC microSD past 27.4GB
Aug 25, 2012 at 11:36 AM Post #16 of 35
Quote:

Results of H2testw

Then it looks like what you have there is only a 32GB card and not a 64. Perhaps a return is in order?

Aug 25, 2012 at 11:37 AM Post #17 of 35
I bought a counterfeit USB stick flash drive once, it was very inconsistent and slow to the point of being non-functional. I wonder if this SDXC card may be counterfeit?

Aug 25, 2012 at 11:52 AM Post #18 of 35
Quote:
I bought a counterfeit USB stick flash drive once, it was very inconsistent and slow to the point of being non-functional. I wonder if this SDXC card may be counterfeit?

That's the only explanation that makes any sense to me.

Oct 13, 2012 at 7:58 PM Post #22 of 35
put it back in your phone.  even if you use the correct adapter that will read the sdxc and report to windows the proper storage capacity, you will still have to format the card on your phone or tablet.  you have to select the "damaged sd card" in the notification bar and select format when it gives you the option...the phone will not show you a box asking to format the card when you insert it, nor is there a format option in the storage section of your phone's system settings at this point.  you will only see the "format" option by directly clicking on the "damaged card" notification.  it will format the card and live happily with 59.46GB of available space in it's bay. 
beyersmile.png

Oct 14, 2012 at 1:43 PM Post #23 of 35
Possibly limited by the way file system addresses the memory, the host controller may not be designed to use 64gb cards.

Dec 30, 2012 at 10:48 PM Post #25 of 35
First u have to use an external card reader coz 99% of the problem is that i mean do not use ur laptop card reader but use a multicards reader coz laptops card reader r not designed for micro sd 64Go once u plug in ur micro Sd u should run a small software BOOTICE ( it's been attached to this post ) , u will see the real size right after in th picture 1 

Fist u should update ur exFAT ( look to the attached files)

after that follow the steps on pic 2 , 3 , 4 ...the idea is to reformat ur card with single partition with exFAT and not FAT32 the exFat is an update given with microsoft it's been attached also.

Remember the prob comes from ur card reader 
color]
 and always use an external cards reader like the one used to format ur sdcard ....if u have any other question am here 

warm regards 
color]

i posted my solution in that forum coz i couldnt upload the pictures nd files to this post 

CHECK PLZ the link bellow 
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=36089912#post36089912

Mar 21, 2013 at 2:51 PM Post #26 of 35
Oh wow!  I have had this same problem of my 64gb Sandisk micro SDXC being reduced in half from being reported as 59.47gb to 27.4gb.  Before it got reduced, JB (4.2.2) correctly reported as 59.47 but one day all of a sudden it was 27.4.  This puzzled me and I on crazy research mode.  Prior to ending up here, I had changed my rom back to a 4.1.2 TouchWiz based rom.  I downloaded the Bootice program, but right before installing it I grabbed my phone to manually unmount my sdcard.  When I was in 'storage' settings, I saw that the 'format sd card' option was available!  So naturally I press that button, it formats my sdcard, and whattayaknow?  I got my missing gigs back!!

Mar 22, 2013 at 7:26 PM Post #27 of 35
Would like to add that this only works on a TouchWiz based Rom for those of you who have rooted their device and are on any CM based rom.  I had since installed a CM Based (4.2.1+) rom, and somehow got 27.4gb again. No matter what, I couldnt format through the phone.  Soon as I installed a TouchWiz based rom, I was instantly able to format my card back to 59.47 through Storage, in settings.  For what it's worth, hope this helps!

May 26, 2013 at 5:29 AM Post #28 of 35
I hope I post in the correct thread, I am a new here and still trying to learn to navigate in this massive and fun place.

I have bought a Colorfly C4 and now want to format a SANDISK 64GB MICROSDXC card. BTW, many thanks to itsmejulieeye for great advice.

Anyway, I have googled around but have not found a program that can help me format the card on my Mac. I would appreciate it a lot if anyone here can recommend a link.

Oh, and pardon my Swenglish!

Aug 1, 2013 at 10:43 PM Post #29 of 35
I have the same problem. It isn't the card, it is the OS. I put my 64 GB card in WinXp Pro SP3 and the card is not recognized as 64 GB but 32 GB.

I put in my Windows 7 Ultimate machine and it recognizes it as 64 GB. This happened on both of my Pony MicroSD cards as well as both of my Polaroid SD cards.

Trying putting it into your device that handles 64 GB cards. It works in my GoPro as well as my JVC Everio digital video camera.

Dec 18, 2014 at 6:37 PM Post #30 of 35
I had the same problem with a 64 GB Kingston Micro SD, it only registered about 27GB on my Mac. I put it into my smart phone, erased it and so re formatted it, put it back on the computer and it registered the correct free space( little under 64GB)   

Users who are viewing this thread

Back