Can't decide which headphones to buy, 120$max
Apr 13, 2012 at 4:04 AM Post #17 of 23
Just checked the price again, and your right, Lowest price is 100€. Seeing the rather cheap price of the Creative and Koss, how do they match up against the more expensive models within my pricerange?   

Apr 14, 2012 at 2:26 PM Post #20 of 23
Thanks for all the suggestions so far!
I've decided to go for closed headphones instead of looking for both open and closed, simply because i then have the possibility to travel with them, and don't bother other people while listening. Also i have raised my pricerange up to 130$.  

I narrowed the choices down to these pairs, which are within pricerange: 

Ultrasone HFI-450
Sony MDR-V6 (Can't seem to find them in any online shops in my country, could they be named differently?
Sennheiser HD 380 pro
M-audio q40 / Within my pricerange, but everyone suggests getting beyer pads to put on, which then exceeds my pricelimit. It is a must for owning these?

Now i am also considering the Audio Technica M50s, and Ultrasone HFI-580, which is over my budget, but i am willing to wait a bit and save up, if there really is a large difference in soundquality by spending a little more, and getting the M50s?

also, forgot to mention that i am going to be using these without an amp.  

Apr 14, 2012 at 2:48 PM Post #21 of 23
I would suggest the Koss DJ100, they work well with all the genres you listen to, and they are great for gaming. They have great portability too and only cost $67 on amazon 
smily_headphones1.gif
 And to make them more comfortable just add some M50 Earpads

Apr 14, 2012 at 4:35 PM Post #23 of 23
I have the hfi580's and would recommend them as well. Been using them for 2 years and still satisfied with them. The DJ1's are the same as the 580's and are $116 here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultrasone-DJ1-S-Logic-Surround-Sound-Pro-Headphones-/320881135981?pt=DJ_Gear_Lighting&hash=item4ab601916d
Same seller here: http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=USDJ1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back