Can't decide on which WIRELESS headset for gaming!!
Feb 3, 2018 at 2:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Hisham111

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, this is my first post here in head-fi and I heard it was the best place to go when it comes to advice with us audiophile fans! So, I've done my research and it comes down to these headsets

Astro Gaming A50
ManO'War
SteelSeries Siberia P840
HyperX Cloud Flight
Sennheiser GAME ZERO
Turtle Beach Ear Force Z300
Logitech G930

Which one do you think best suits gaming? or do you have any other recommendations?

thanks!

Feb 3, 2018 at 10:15 PM Post #5 of 19
You are going to want a closed headphone given your living arrangements. That being the case, I would probably recommend an Audio Technica ATH-A900X and a third-party microphone setup like the ModMic. If you wanted to save some money, you could go with an A700X instead. Both headphones are terrific for gaming and both will isolate quite well. Either one of those setups will be terrific for your needs. Those are my thoughts at this point, anyway.

Feb 3, 2018 at 10:37 PM Post #6 of 19
You are going to want a closed headphone given your living arrangements. That being the case, I would probably recommend an Audio Technica ATH-A900X and a third-party microphone setup like the ModMic. If you wanted to save some money, you could go with an A700X instead. Both headphones are terrific for gaming and both will isolate quite well. Either one of those setups will be terrific for your needs. Those are my thoughts at this point, anyway.
It seems like you like audio technica. I own the Audio-Technica ATH-M50x for music, but other than that Im looking for a good headset. If im looking for closed back headphones, is there any other options? Like I said, im willing to spend $350

Feb 3, 2018 at 11:08 PM Post #7 of 19
I am actually not much of an AT fan, truth be told, but I am a fan of those headphones for gaming. That said, there are certainly others out there. One that I think is quite good for gaming is the MEZE 99 Neo. There is a Z Reviews review on youtube if you are interested. It is quite detailed and he goes into its use for gaming at some length. Maybe look into it and see what you think. It is possible it could work for you.

Feb 3, 2018 at 11:14 PM Post #8 of 19
I am actually not much of an AT fan, truth be told, but I am a fan of those headphones for gaming. That said, there are certainly others out there. One that I think is quite good for gaming is the MEZE 99 Neo. There is a Z Reviews review on youtube if you are interested. It is quite detailed and he goes into its use for gaming at some length. Maybe look into it and see what you think. It is possible it could work for you.
Any sennheiser headphones by any chance?

Feb 4, 2018 at 1:59 AM Post #11 of 19
Are you happy with your M50x for music? Why don't you try it for gaming?

If you find it suitable, put the $350 towards another headphone/amp/dac for music. I personally feel a HP for music listening deserves a larger investment than one just for games.

Feb 4, 2018 at 2:09 AM Post #12 of 19
Are you happy with your M50x for music? Why don't you try it for gaming?

If you find it suitable, put the $350 towards another headphone/amp/dac for music. I personally feel a HP for music listening deserves a larger investment than one just for games.

Not going to lie, I'm not happy with those 50x and I know I could get something better my price point. So if I'd use my 50xs for gaming while modding it with a mic, what headphones would you recommend as my new daily driver? I listen to punchy, bassy, rap music I was considering the HD 700 while its about $100 above my price tag. Also, I've never had open backed headphones.

Feb 4, 2018 at 3:26 PM Post #13 of 19
Is there a store you can go to audition headphones? Personally, when I started out in the hobby, I found it very difficult to understand how audiophille-speak translates to RL experiences. Based on comments on the internet, I was sure a warm, bassy sound signature was the way to go... but after auditioning numerous headphones, I actually preferred the opposite (neutral to bright, bass must be well controlled, and not sensitive to sibilance). E.g. I went into the store (on different occasions) with the intent of getting M50x, Shure 215 and Audeze LCD-2... but left with a MSR7, Campfire Orion and Mr Speakers Aeon Flow Open respectively.

Go try a few headphones with music that you're familiar with... then when getting advice from this forum, at least you've got a good idea what your preferances are. Here's a few examples to get you started... not a comprehensive list, but these are ones I've owned or auditioned:
Bright: Audio-Technica MSR7
Neutral: Sennheiser HD600/650 (the 650 does have more bass, but they are otherwise fairly similar), Audio-Technica M70x
Bassy: Meze 99 Classic/Neo, Audeze LCD-2

Feb 4, 2018 at 8:16 PM Post #14 of 19
Is there a store you can go to audition headphones? Personally, when I started out in the hobby, I found it very difficult to understand how audiophille-speak translates to RL experiences. Based on comments on the internet, I was sure a warm, bassy sound signature was the way to go... but after auditioning numerous headphones, I actually preferred the opposite (neutral to bright, bass must be well controlled, and not sensitive to sibilance). E.g. I went into the store (on different occasions) with the intent of getting M50x, Shure 215 and Audeze LCD-2... but left with a MSR7, Campfire Orion and Mr Speakers Aeon Flow Open respectively.

Go try a few headphones with music that you're familiar with... then when getting advice from this forum, at least you've got a good idea what your preferances are. Here's a few examples to get you started... not a comprehensive list, but these are ones I've owned or auditioned:
Bright: Audio-Technica MSR7
Neutral: Sennheiser HD600/650 (the 650 does have more bass, but they are otherwise fairly similar), Audio-Technica M70x
Bassy: Meze 99 Classic/Neo, Audeze LCD-2

Sennheiser HD600/650 or Sennheiser HD700? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm its approx a $50 difference. Plus I dont have an amp which i was going to ask about after decided which headphones I would buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back