Can't decide between the Grado RS2e and PS500e
Jan 3, 2018 at 8:13 PM Post #16 of 21
I'm sure you'll enjoy them, do check in again after receiving them.

I think they were a better choice for me as something closer to an occasional all-day headphone because of the more neutral balance. The RS series would be a little to hyper detailed and in my face all the time, but that's not to say the PS lack for detail. Still plenty of that lively energetic Grado goodness.

Jan 6, 2018 at 10:01 AM Post #17 of 21
So I've had the PS500e's for a couple of days and probably spent like an hour listening. I really like them. The difference from 325e was not very big, except these sound better to my taste. Now I realice the 325e were pretty bright, where these are more balanced I guess? The bass is different in a way I can't describe really. Perhaps it's influenced by the midrange which I think is better than the 325e's

Overall, real happy with these and I think they'll sound even better when my head has gotten used to the sound.

Oh and I've come to re-experience Iron Maiden somehow, they sound really good on these and a joy to listen to again.

Jan 6, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #18 of 21
So I've had the PS500e's for a couple of days and probably spent like an hour listening. I really like them. The difference from 325e was not very big, except these sound better to my taste. Now I realice the 325e were pretty bright, where these are more balanced I guess? The bass is different in a way I can't describe really. Perhaps it's influenced by the midrange which I think is better than the 325e's

Overall, real happy with these and I think they'll sound even better when my head has gotten used to the sound.

Oh and I've come to re-experience Iron Maiden somehow, they sound really good on these and a joy to listen to again.

I know you’ve made your purchase already, but here’s the thread you probably wanted in the first place - there are extensive comparisons including even charts rating various sound quality aspects between groups of Grado headphones...

Most importantly, and still relevant to you after purchasing, perhaps, it’s a fun and friendly place for Grado owners and prospective owners:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/grado-fan-club.530965/

Jan 6, 2018 at 1:55 PM Post #21 of 21
How do you like the SV007?

I'm assuming you're asking me since I just bought them from you. :)

I actually do like them quite a bit from the first listen. I've not had a lot of head time with them yet, but I absolutely adore the looks, they're very comfortable at first, although when I had them on for about 45 minutes I felt them on my ears but reseating them (so to speak) on my ears would alleviate that easily.

They're definitely different from the Grado's I own -- just for amusement, I did a brief A/B between the SIVGA SV007 and the Alessandro MS2i (essentially, a slightly differently tuned Grado SR325i), and electric guitars are more forward, more prominent on the rock track I was listening to on the MS2i than on the SV007, and I liked the MS2i better on that, but I'm honestly quite impressed with the SV007 -- sometimes I really want a warmer, bassier sound and the SV007 delivers that and is a fun sound to me, great with EDM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back