Can't believe it, K701 winning most polls against HD650......
Apr 30, 2006 at 6:04 PM Post #46 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by d-cee
one query however, it has been mentioned at several posts on this thread that they're $300 cans. i've been looking at prices and i can only find them for around US$400 mark? where is it that everyone is buying them for $300?

thanks

Not to thread-jack, but to answer your question, click the Headroom link at the top of the page. They have them in stock for $299/shipped. Considering your location, they may be priced a little higher. Good luck!

May 1, 2006 at 5:03 PM Post #47 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by brat
I think the time of k701 will come. They will be appreciated by most of the head-fiers and will become the next AKG-legend.

Sorry for the awful English "
icon10.gif

I don't think the 650 was too hard to beet. I preferred the 600 anyway, and the Senns have always been analytical, slow and unmusical to me. I enjoy the 600/Cardas still but only until I put my Grado or K1000 on, then I wonder how I can listen to the Senns. They have a lot of balance and refinement, but without the fast attach and decay...

next AKG legend? Na, the K1000 is better. BUT for non discontinued phones, they may be the best in the $3-400 sweet spot.

May 1, 2006 at 6:03 PM Post #48 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by billinkansas
I just wish enough people had the AD1000 or AD2000 to include them too.

I agree with this 100%. The K701's sort of edge out the AD2000's on a logical level, but the AD2000's are my choice on an emotional level.

May 1, 2006 at 11:06 PM Post #49 of 51
I still rank the 650 as being more listenable, organic and clear.

The 701 sometimes has better treble detail but I do not think it resolves as well in the midrange as the 650.

The 650 also seems to have better rhythm and pace for rock music.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Overall I think the 701 is very good but not living up to the initial buzz about being better than the 650. It's almost as good.

Jaygee
580smile.gif

May 1, 2006 at 11:20 PM Post #50 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meyvn
Yes, and the Pope is disallowing women from being priests because he wants them to turn protestant, because he's REALLY a protestant!

Honestly, I think in this neighborhood between the three headphones, it comes down to a matter of personal preference; I find the K701 to have a better soundstage and more detail over the HD650, but that doesn't mean that some people don't prefer a slight forwardness and darkness; there's nothing wrong with them. Simply because more people prefer the K701s doesn't mean anyone else can't HATE the K701s and LOVE the DT880, or the HD650s.

Haha, I thought my vast conspiracy theory was great! Tsk.

I've got nothing against the K701, it's not my cup of tea. Of course, in the long run, the HD650 may not be either... it's just a nice standby. I wouldn't call it my favorite can.

May 1, 2006 at 11:45 PM Post #51 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
Haha, I thought my vast conspiracy theory was great! Tsk.

I've got nothing against the K701, it's not my cup of tea. Of course, in the long run, the HD650 may not be either... it's just a nice standby. I wouldn't call it my favorite can.

But you do call it your FATHER
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back