Cans vs IEMs
Nov 1, 2016 at 9:18 PM Post #16 of 24
  I would go for something like a Shure SE215. Affordable and super portable. You'll notice a difference with the amp but on the go its not strictly necessary. 

I haven't heard the SE215 however I have read the complaints of several who returned them saying they are not close to neutral at all and have too much bass. Of course many like exaggerated bass. At around half the price of the SE215, the Mee M6 pro has gotten great reviews and is said to be much more neutral than the SE215. I haven't heard the M6pro either, however I would much rather buy the M6pro than the Se215.The M6pro has a detachable cable and comes with two cables, one with a mike and remote, and one without them. The  1More 3 driver IEMs with two BA drivers and one dynamic driver looks interesting and got great reviews. It is $100. If it  goes on sale I might buy it.

Nov 2, 2016 at 12:56 AM Post #18 of 24
  Sounds really good.
I read it could be a bit microphonic and the range is 100-10Khz, Isn't 100kHz too low? (I have now cheap AKG which go up to 16kHz)
Do you know if there is something between the M6 Pro and the MEE audio Pinnacle P1 ?

Fist of all, the Mee M6 pro product page lists 100 hz to 10K hz frequency response for the MICROPHONE, not the earphones. A frequency response range of just two frequencies though is meaningless, unless it is qualified with a +/- 3db, or some other db measurement saying how much the response can vary within that range.

http://www.meeaudio.com/M6PRO-CL

Nov 2, 2016 at 2:55 AM Post #21 of 24
Thanks!
They look great. but I read some complaints about comfort and eartips that have to be changed. some people wrote about cable hardens over time.

I will try to find a pair and check it out

My pair is about a year old and still going strong and they are still my favorite headphone and the first headphone to wow me.

Here is Jokers review http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone_review/dunu-dn-1000/

Nov 10, 2016 at 5:26 PM Post #22 of 24
Many love the RE400 sound sound, however several have posted that their RE400 didn't last so long. apparently they break much too easily. I was thinking about buying the RE400 based on the great reviews of its sound quality, until I read a few reviews mentioning that their RE400 broke after just a few months.

HIFIMAN fixed all that months ago. The newly released RE-600 and RE-400's resolved all that, that is all old news about breakages.

Nov 10, 2016 at 5:45 PM Post #24 of 24
How can I differentiate between the old ones and the new if buying in Amazon/ebay/...  ?
what about the RE-400 vs Mee M6 Pro ?

I would order from HIFIMAN directly to be assured you are getting the newest version and OR if the seller is HIFIMAN direct off Amazon, post a question to the seller what are they selling on Amazon, the first series or the second series. When I received my RE-600s it said V2 on the packaging. That did not exist anywhere on the original RE-600s.

I have heard the MEE M6 Pro and was not really impressed, returned them. The bass was nice but they don't really wow me or surpass the RE-600's clarity and detail retrieval. Do note that the RE line is very neutral and bass light which if it's in the recording it will come though, but never does it overwhelm the vocals which is why I treasure the RE's as they are something special for vocals. For instrumental they are excellent also. I hear things with them that are hidden with other IEM's even with my W3's which are a 3-way IEM. Better yet look into the Trinity Audio. They are impressive for the price. Balanced drivers are in a whole other league in my opinion in terms of quality and accuracy. If you like bloated less accurate, go dynamic. Do try both and decide what you prefer and or your wallet. I can also say that Ostry's are VERY nice also. They are very similar to the RE-600's but cost way less. Look into them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back