Cans to Match PA2V2
Sep 25, 2009 at 4:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Judge Buff

500+ Head-Fier
I also have this posted in the Portable Forum, but since I was getting no response there, I copied it here. If i have violated some provision, Herr Mods, chastise me openly and fix it, please

My Mrs. and I passed the 21 years mark yesterday and I am using the occasion to justify buying a portable amp and a set of cans. I have decided on a PA2V2 because of reviews here and Gary's reputation.

I want to spend less than $100 for the headphones. A $160 total for this combo might not get me in in a post-anniversary dog house. Most of you married guys probably understand. The Mrs. raises her eyebrows every time I come from the mailbox with a package...

I listen to everything. Literally... Spiro Gyra to Flo Rida to Sigur Ros to Toby Keith to Tchaikovsky. I'm thinking of getting an ES7. I want closed, circumaural cans. I want clean, spacious sound. I'll use the amp to provide "color."

Does anyone have this duo? Can anyone give me alternative headphone suggestions that they feel would be better with this amp for all types of music?

Thanks, buff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back