Cans to be worn for 7 hrs daily
Mar 27, 2007 at 3:59 AM Post #16 of 20
I wore my dt-770 pro/80 for about 7 hours a day for about 2 years.

For that kind of time, you may want to consider a crossfeed circuit of some sort. the psychoacoustic effect of the channel separation can give you a headache after a while.

(Yes, you heard that right. I didn't shill the RP-21 in this thread. For 7 hours a day, the vinyl earpads on the RP-21 would get sweaty. Velour is the only way to fly for long-term use.)

Mar 27, 2007 at 4:38 AM Post #18 of 20
oh, there were some managers who *hated that i did it.

I don't work there anymore. These days i work in a tremendously loud software QA lab. I badly need some noise cancelling open cans so i can hear my coworkers without having to hear the deafening white noise.

But it was nice while it lasted.

I think what would be ideal, in an office situation, is a DT-290 headset along with a headphone amp that ties into a telephone headset interface that gently chimes at me when the phone rings, and allows me to switch to talking to someone on the phone without having to take them off.

For kicks it could be built with a mixer circuit that allows you to hear your music in the background while talking, and maybe allow your caller to hear it too.

Shame such an amp doesn't exist.

Mar 27, 2007 at 4:47 AM Post #19 of 20
The DT770's are most definitely comfortable enough to wear pretty much all day. I agree that a crossfeed can be a godsend if you're mostly listening to classical and jazz recordings that are not mixed into both channels. (I'm using an LDM+ right now with DT770/80's, and am considering upgrading to something with crossfeed eventually.)

- Warren

Mar 27, 2007 at 6:35 AM Post #20 of 20
i find my dt-770 32ohms to be the most comfortable headphones i've ever worn.... i can take them far longer than my e500's. out of a laptop they sound like *****, but out of my total bithead, awesome, yes, even the 32's need an amp, i don't know why or care, but they are "ok" outta my ipod, but great from a dac/amp.... but i can wear them all day long regardless. i love the comfort, even to the point where i wear them more than my imo sonically superior 325i's,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back