Cans to be worn for 7 hrs daily
Mar 26, 2007 at 11:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

tippet

New Head-Fier
Heres the situation Im a financial trader working in a noisy office and am looking for a pr of closed headphones that can offer isolation and comfort. I'm either conversing with other traders, listening to squawk box or music ( jazz, classical primarily ) I'm no longer hung up on the idea of portability or having microphone combo...wearing these for up to 7-8 hrs with an occasional brk
present ideas:
ultra hfi-550
AT es-7 or A700
DT 770pro80
RP-21
Sen 280pro
ah and Ill be connected to the puter...
appreciate all earlier suggestions and ones to come... many thanks

Mar 26, 2007 at 11:38 PM Post #2 of 20
I own both the 280's and the 770's. I find both of them to be comfortable for long use. I have worn both of them for ~10 on several ocasions, and wear the 280's ~ 8hours a night 6 nights a week.

The 770's are the sonicaly superior of the two; however, I chose to use the 280's at work because they provide a good bit more isolation, And are slightly more secure. I do a lot of moving around at work.

The 280's are considerable easier to drive than the 770's which unless you are considereing buying an amp should be a major consideration for you. If had to pick for you situation, i would go with the 280's and i will sum up my reasons.

-Easier to drive
-Provide superior isolation
-Are less expensive therefore it hurts less if, God forbid, a coworker decided to walk with them
-The sound quality is much better than often reported here and very suitible for casual background listening

Mar 27, 2007 at 12:17 AM Post #4 of 20
Yeah, I just got my set of DT770-80's in, and comfort wise i prefer them over my A900's. Soundwise i still prefer the AT's but I haven't been able to really listen to the beyer's. I have noticed the bass though
basshead.gif

Mar 27, 2007 at 12:17 AM Post #5 of 20
well if youre going to use them that much then you might want to think about purchasing custom IEMs. Theyre probably the most comfortable and they'll block out the most noise and sound great!

Mar 27, 2007 at 1:51 AM Post #8 of 20
Of the options you list, I'd guess the A700 (or A900) would be best with your music. If you really wanted to get fancy, though, since you mention that a microphone might be nice, you could order a Beyer aviation headset from the Manufaktur page of the Beyer website. 269 bucks with the velour earpads. 30-35 dB isolation: as good as a high-end IEM. No idea about SQ, though. Might be like the DT770M, the one for drummers that also has an extremely high isolation level.

Mar 27, 2007 at 2:03 AM Post #9 of 20
Mar 27, 2007 at 2:04 AM Post #10 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by facelvega /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Of the options you list, I'd guess the A700 (or A900) would be best with your music. If you really wanted to get fancy, though, since you mention that a microphone might be nice, you could order a Beyer aviation headset from the Manufaktur page of the Beyer website. 269 bucks with the velour earpads. 30-35 dB isolation: as good as a high-end IEM. No idea about SQ, though. Might be like the DT770M, the one for drummers that also has an extremely high isolation level.

Or not.. Headsets generally aren't meant to do anything except make vocals understandable.. Drummers on the other hand need to hear the rest of the music so he can stay in sync

Mar 27, 2007 at 2:26 AM Post #12 of 20
well the customs iem's look sweeeeeet , but im not intersted in spending $700 ... the ultrasone being open prolly wont fit the bill as I have a serious need for isolation... from what ive read it sounds like ill need an amp to get anything out of the DT 770 ( which Im not totally adverse to ) that being said ive got the senn280 vs the a7/900's...as im not interested in getting fungi from sweating into the HFI550's... unless the mkt tanks tomorrow then iems here I come - lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back