CanOpener?
Apr 21, 2014 at 1:47 PM Post #76 of 270
A few posts above me, Devkerr said that Can Opener doesn't have EQ profiles. I don't really need SPL correction.

What they said in that post was that no preset EQ profiles exist, i.e. you create your own profile/presets.

I agree with their stance, how would they know better than you what the EQ should be, especially in light of the different variables in play, they note: different positioning on your head, ear size and shape etc... I would add a few more variables like the voicing of any custom cabling, and the effect different source gear has.

They can't possibly account for all of that, so they let you create the EQ profile (your post suggests this is only an SPL correction app, which is incorrect).

Apr 21, 2014 at 2:21 PM Post #77 of 270
I'm looking for presets, perfectly calibrated to an audibly flat response. That would be VERY useful as a baseline response, even if I did choose to color it myself afterwards.

It would be a lot easier for them, with access to dozens of different brands and models of headphones, to run tone sweeps and balance the response than for each of us to do it individually. Most people don't know how to properly EQ anyway. When I heard about presets with corrections for specific models of headphones, I thought that was what they were doing. I was disappointed when I found out that they were only correcting SPL.

I'll check out Accudio, Roly. Thanks!

Apr 25, 2014 at 3:24 AM Post #79 of 270
Sadly I cannot agree, I wish they organise the flac files better, this is the only reason why I went back to onkyo app as I just cannot navigate my files in a list format.

Apr 25, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #80 of 270
I haven't tried this app much yet, but ne VERY peculiar thing that I found is that I can't transfer my folders of songs into it. If I transfer the files of songs, then it works. Btw, it CRASHES when I transfer the folders. I used iFunBox to transfer the folders into the folder FLAC, Local and in Docments. Hopefully this will be fixed soon as I'm VERY interested in using it.

Oh and is it possible to add T50RP to the list? Thanks

Apr 25, 2014 at 3:12 PM Post #81 of 270
  I haven't tried this app much yet, but ne VERY peculiar thing that I found is that I can't transfer my folders of songs into it. If I transfer the files of songs, then it works. Btw, it CRASHES when I transfer the folders. I used iFunBox to transfer the folders into the folder FLAC, Local and in Docments. Hopefully this will be fixed soon as I'm VERY interested in using it.

Oh and is it possible to add T50RP to the list? Thanks

Thanks for letting us know and for the support email as well.

While we could support folders within the app itself, iTunes File Sharing does not support transferring folders, which is why the app does not expect to see folders being used. Is there a reason you are using iFunBox instead of iTunes to transfer your FLAC files?

I'll see if we can get our hands on the T50RP — thanks!

Apr 25, 2014 at 3:27 PM Post #82 of 270
  Thanks for letting us know and for the support email as well.

While we could support folders within the app itself, iTunes File Sharing does not support transferring folders, which is why the app does not expect to see folders being used. Is there a reason you are using iFunBox instead of iTunes to transfer your FLAC files?

I'll see if we can get our hands on the T50RP — thanks!

Thanks for the reply. And seems like you recognized the mail.
It's because I've sorted my music this way :
Artist/Album/Songs and transferring thousands of those is quite PITA tbh. So that's why I use iFunBox to transfer the whole thing. Faster and easier.
And also, are the Artists, Albums, Songs tabs only for iTunes music? Cause all my songs(at least the nes I upload into my iPod) are tagged correctly.

And can't wait for the support!

Apr 28, 2014 at 9:29 PM Post #86 of 270
Did you send try to send an email to us? I'm not seeing any support messages about MP3's/video files, and we haven't been having any issues with email server. Feel free to PM me here if you can't get through though.

Apr 28, 2014 at 11:09 PM Post #87 of 270
  Did you send try to send an email to us? I'm not seeing any support messages about MP3's/video files, and we haven't been having any issues with email server. Feel free to PM me here if you can't get through though.

Interestingly I tried and the email bounced, then I sent a second one after this post and got an almost immediate response asking me to send one of the files which I did a few hours ago - very impressed that someone got back to me so fast. Hopefully there is a solution.

May 1, 2014 at 1:18 PM Post #88 of 270
I had a very unusual experience last night. I paused Canopener and then my iPod fell asleep. I then pressed play and it was blazingly loud.

Can you please add the Momentum On Ear headphones?

May 1, 2014 at 1:25 PM Post #89 of 270
  I had a very unusual experience last night. I paused Canopener and then my iPod fell asleep. I then pressed play and it was blazingly loud.

Can you please add the Momentum On Ear headphones?

Weird! Please let us know if you think you've found a bug.

Will do — I didn't know there was on-ear version as well. We'll check them out.

May 4, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #90 of 270
Interesting app. Just downloaded it and the cross fade is a nice capability. The look and feel is pretty nice too.
One thing I do wish is that the artwork, rather than very small circles in the menus, was much larger. I did not realize how much I relied on the artwork cues to search for songs. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back