Canon EOS 400D / Digital Rebel XTi. Is it worth getting?
Jan 28, 2007 at 8:58 AM Post #46 of 55
Sorry I didn't make it so clear, I mean the buffer is 9 frames.

But if I keep continue shooting, I can get more than 9 bursts of course (the camera is writing and shooting at the same time). I tried it before last time, I think I only got like 20 or something. With fast card, the maximum is 100 bursts of pictures (3 fps). I also tried with my Sandisk Ultra II SD (from my old camera), it wasn't fast enough to reach the 100 limit. I think we need something faster than that to fully utilise the feature.

But I never did more than 6-7 consecutive in my everyday use, that's why I don't even bother using my Ultra II SD card and just using the regular one.

Feb 2, 2007 at 2:13 PM Post #50 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Eh, I really wouldn't go for the 400D. Like Nikon's new D40, it actually eliminates the status LCD in favor of having a bigger main LCD. It's a little awkward (I use my status LCD ALL THE TIME), and set up more like a Point and Shoot than most previous DSLR's.

I always found reviewing images a tad irritating because I had to squint due to the small screen size on my 300D. Hoo rah for the bigger LCD
biggrin.gif

Feb 2, 2007 at 2:14 PM Post #51 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3lusiv3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now I can't decide whether to get black or silver! I think I prefer the black body. What do you think?

Definitely black. Black may look too boring since nearly all DSLRs are black, but trust me, silver just looks plasticky and cheap
tongue.gif

Feb 2, 2007 at 3:30 PM Post #54 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrvile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually it's called L-fever. Buy one L-lens and before you know it, you suddenly have three or four and a very deep hole in your wallet
biggrin.gif

But as you learn more about photography and what is involved, you're going to find yourself thinking more about what lens to buy next instead of how your camera body could be better. In the long run, the body just doesn't matter quite as much. I know a lot of people who shoot with 10+ year old 10D's and 1D's with an arsenal of top-of-the-line lenses.

Still using my old 1D
smily_headphones1.gif

Sure, it's a bit noisy, but otherwise it's a great camera.

Tried a 350d and can't understand how anyone but a baby can use it
smily_headphones1.gif

The grip is so terribly small, even with the battery grip.
But I guess it matches the crappy viewfinder then
smily_headphones1.gif

If you think the size is ok, and can live the the crappy viewfinder it's a great camera, but in that price range I would rather look at a used 20d.

Mar 29, 2007 at 2:52 PM Post #55 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3lusiv3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now I can't decide whether to get black or silver! I think I prefer the black body. What do you think?

Can't imagine a pro like you caught with a silver camera !
580smile.gif

Now that I hopefully got your attention, please tell me what you think about your high end Beyers vs 595. I plan to get myself a nice '06 dt880 .. tomorrow.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back