CANNOT remove stock sennheiser HD650 cable
Dec 1, 2009 at 9:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

hughwi

100+ Head-Fier
Hi All,

Am looking for some advice from fellow balanced HD650 users, I cannot for the life of me seem to be able to remove the stock cable from the headphones.

No amount of tugging, wiggling, twisting, swearing, etc will make them budge.

Any ideas? I really dont want to damage these...

Thanks

Hugh

Dec 1, 2009 at 9:10 PM Post #3 of 25
It wont even come out applying even downward pressure with a pair of plyers, well and truley stuck!

I bought these brand new of amazon, but it seems like someone has superglued them in there!

Dec 1, 2009 at 9:20 PM Post #4 of 25
I believe it is most definately stuck....

Dec 1, 2009 at 9:38 PM Post #5 of 25
Disaster anyone?

Guess where the other part is?!
frown.gif
BOLLOCKS!!!!!!

Dec 1, 2009 at 9:41 PM Post #8 of 25
On a slight side note, all this messing with different cables, etc etc can be put into perspective by the sheer tinyness of those plug sockets, thats got to be some of the smallest gauge wire I have ever seen! (Especially the tiny exposed strand sticking out of my headphone right now).

Dec 1, 2009 at 9:42 PM Post #9 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by hughwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Disaster anyone?

Guess where the other part is?!
frown.gif
BOLLOCKS!!!!!!

seems to me a warranty issue, this should never have happened. NOT YOUR FAULT (as far as i can tell from your story)

Dec 1, 2009 at 9:46 PM Post #10 of 25
The cables should be removable for replacement. That's why they're advertised as detachable cables. Send it back to Senn for replacement. I thought mine were stuck too, but they came out using towel wrapped pliers and a quick pull.

Dec 1, 2009 at 9:50 PM Post #11 of 25
Ok... I am having a rather lucky day today, I have managed to remove the pins from the headphone using a pair of tweezers and the TINY bit (2mm?) or plastic protruding from the socket.

It turns out that these are user-removable / replaceable after all, but it is not something I am going to want to be doing again in a rush! Its a shame I no longer have a stock cable to A/B the balanced cable with though...

Does anyone need a stock HD650 cable terminated on ONE end with a 1/4 plug
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Dec 1, 2009 at 11:11 PM Post #12 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by hughwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does anyone need a stock HD650 cable terminated on ONE end with a 1/4 plug
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

you don't think the cable could be fixed?

I'd be willing to give it a try >_>

EDIT: actually, you could prolly call up Senn and have them send you a replacement.

Dec 1, 2009 at 11:56 PM Post #13 of 25
Oh man I can't stop laughing. I've done something sorta similar trying to pull a tube off a barb, only for the barb to strip and come off with the tube. I wish I was there to see your face. "Success, I pulled the bugger off. Oh wait. . . . oh snappp!"

Glad you managed to remove the cable + plugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back