Cannot BELIEVE THIS!!! UE-11 owners HELP!!!
Sep 12, 2008 at 1:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

Deadneddz

100+ Head-Fier
So ive just picked up my ue-11s from ultimate ears in irvine.

The bass is non existent!!!

It has about the same amount of bass as the ipod earbuds, im not even kidding!!!! Basically none!!

The highs are pretty good, vocals sound alright.

My right ear is hurting a little, so im guessing its not a good fit.

The sound changes when i push on them, so im guessing again, BAD FIT!!!

But still its a decent seal, but the sound is just sooooo underwhelming.

I have no idea what to do from here, im so pissed its unbelieveable!!!

Ive already contacted the guy helping me at UE but i really dont know whats going on.

This source im using is an imod with alo au/ag lod, amped through the iqube.

You'd think it would sound at least decent!!

I a/b the ue11s and plain apple ipod earbuds, and get this.....the ue-11s barely sound better!! I didnt think this was possible

Still in shock.........so confused right now

Sep 12, 2008 at 1:16 AM Post #2 of 28
Part of the reason I won't go custom. If it can go wrong, it will go wrong. That's usually the case with my life. I'm sure UE would do all they could to help but I'd be going back and forth like a yoyo trying to get the perfect fit.

Nah, not for me. Others can have the customs no matter the cost.

Sep 12, 2008 at 2:19 AM Post #5 of 28
Calm down, this can happen sometimes. Just get a new fitting made and notify UE (or should I say Logitech?
very_evil_smiley.gif
). Make sure you have an "open mouth" fitting.

Sep 12, 2008 at 2:28 AM Post #6 of 28
chill...if you've done any research on customs at all, you'd know that you don't always get a good seal first time and UE is great at working with you until you do. just be a little patient...

at least it sounds like you're local so it should have time/expense of shipping it back and forth.

Sep 12, 2008 at 2:30 AM Post #7 of 28
I know my seal isnt really good, it just sucks because i got my impressions straight from ultimate ears

Is there any refund policy? Will they make me a new shell? or speakers if they are defective?

I just spent 1400+ on just the monitors

1150 for the ue11s
100 for artwork
100 for titanium plate

plus tax

Its so sad, i could have gotten a stax system or a really great home setup instead of this. Now im getting the really really short end of the custom stick!!

Sep 12, 2008 at 2:37 AM Post #8 of 28
I guess you now realize what others already know...$1000 IEM to not always add up to perfection

Try these instead:

Sleek SA6
Klipsch X5

Sep 12, 2008 at 2:39 AM Post #9 of 28
that is the risk with customs. The second poster said it well.

You should get *some* bass though which implies your seal isn't right, but the UE-11's aren't bass monsters either....they are just balanced earphones.

I only have the TF10's but I find they are a bit bass light unless the seal is PERFECT.

Sep 12, 2008 at 3:03 AM Post #10 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by warpdriver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that is the risk with customs. The second poster said it well.

You should get *some* bass though which implies your seal isn't right, but the UE-11's aren't bass monsters either....they are just balanced earphones.

I only have the TF10's but I find they are a bit bass light unless the seal is PERFECT.

I understand what youre saying, but im not really a bass head, so its not like im craving an enormous amount of bass, its just part of the music and it really is just missing. Cant figure out exactly what is wrong,

Is it just the seal?

Or is there really something wrong with the drivers?

or both?

Sep 12, 2008 at 3:11 AM Post #11 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by lewislink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Part of the reason I won't go custom. If it can go wrong, it will go wrong. That's usually the case with my life. I'm sure UE would do all they could to help but I'd be going back and forth like a yoyo trying to get the perfect fit.

Nah, not for me. Others can have the customs no matter the cost.

What he is suffering is definitelly a bad seal, the UE11 could be called anything but a lack of bass IEM, all the opposite, they have too much for my taste...

But that is 100% true, the benefits of customized IEM are IMO always a hit and miss process, and IMO a myth. Improved seal? Not true. Improved comfort? Not true neither...Better sound? Well that is really personal...I feel more relaxed and satisfied, and enjoy them more, for example a single driver universal IEM like the Sleeks or Klipschs, than with my custmized FreQ three drivers, for example...
What I have learned and seen, is that more times this process is a miss rather than a hit. To make a perfect mold that will fit you perfectly, is almost a miracle, and going back and forth ten times before getting it the right way is IMO really annoying...Good luck!!!

Sep 12, 2008 at 4:33 AM Post #13 of 28
sorry guys for freaking out, i think that all this is attributed to a really bad seal.

I will get this all sorted out soon, and will post my impressions when, HOPEFULLY, everything is in order.

Sep 12, 2008 at 1:51 PM Post #14 of 28
Not to freak you out, although I probably will.... I've been at the refitting process for about 7 months now. I've been getting pretty close, but I want a great fit, so I'm staying persistent with it. As others have said, UE will work with you through the process, so don't fret!

(Just make sure to have a great back-up pair of headphones throughout the process so shipping them back to UE won't be a huge deal for you.)

Sep 12, 2008 at 2:30 PM Post #15 of 28
LOL, 7 months? thats extemely long my friend.

I live about 15 mins away from ue so i dont have to really worry about shipping back and forth, but damn.

Guess its time to get a new pair of full size headphones in the meanwhile.

Sold my last one to fund this purchase, but i guess my full size purchase will have to come early now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back