CanMania 2014 @ Capital Audiofest: Impressions & Reports
Jul 26, 2014 at 11:24 PM Post #31 of 123
Great show so far, and thank you organizers and the brother/sisterhood in the "meet" room.  My goal was partly "Damn hope I don't hear anything that makes me hate my current system".  I've definitely heard top flight stuff here, but am happy to stand pat for now.  Phew!

Heard very good sound in the Salk speakers room, prices $165 to $8000.

Jul 26, 2014 at 11:40 PM Post #32 of 123
  Great show so far, and thank you organizers and the brother/sisterhood in the "meet" room.  My goal was partly "Damn hope I don't hear anything that makes me hate my current system".  I've definitely heard top flight stuff here, but am happy to stand pat for now.  Phew!

Heard very good sound in the Salk speakers room, prices $165 to $8000.

Great to meet you today Bill!

I am Bowei, the guy who sat next to you with the Hifimans and the AK240 and CHORD HUGO setup I was babysitting for my friend Frank. 

I got one of your HMS bracelets (funny stuff), and liked how practical a lot of your stuff was to the average Head-Fier.

Great to meet you and everyone today though Bill!

Jul 26, 2014 at 11:46 PM Post #33 of 123
I should have clarified, that it was the fit of the Abyss that made me feel like I getting strapped to an electric chair.  I got interested in this amp from a discussion I had with AnakChan about TH900 pairings over PMs and that great article you and Kevin wrote on Audio360.org so thank you for that :D.  Don't get me wrong, Drew was a very nice guy.  It was just funny to me that he seemed so serious (he was probably tired or like you said had a lot on his mind).  Yea my dad and I had a blast and I wish I could have stayed longer.  My Dad was very interesting in the AK120 II and the Alpha Dogs (he's just getting into the hobby) so we'll see if he pulls the trigger.  I could easily see myself getting into more meets.  

Jul 27, 2014 at 12:17 AM Post #35 of 123
  Great to meet you today Bill!

I am Bowei, the guy who sat next to you with the Hifimans and the AK240 and CHORD HUGO setup I was babysitting for my friend Frank. 

I got one of your HMS bracelets (funny stuff), and liked how practical a lot of your stuff was to the average Head-Fier.

Great to meet you and everyone today though Bill!

Same here!  Of course I remember you without the prompting.  I think I verbally shortened your name to "Bo", so please excuse that!  I did enjoy sharing stuff with all, including noobs and upgraders.

If anyone knows Kevin (last name?), he left his Lyr power cord with me, I'll hold it until he can reach me.

Jul 27, 2014 at 12:30 AM Post #37 of 123
So my main goal here was to give myself a lot more experience with planars and some other flagships.  My other goal was to try my TH900s with most of the amps there.  Keep in mind these are my opinions:

-Abyss + Cavalli Liquid Gold - I didn't like the fit at all but maybe that requires more finangling than I was willing to put in.  To me it didn't sound amazing so I guess I don't get the allure of these (to each his own his own of course).  I felt like I was being strapped into an electric chair.

Felt the same way about the sound, which surprised me. It was good, but was expecting a wow.

Jul 27, 2014 at 12:40 AM Post #38 of 123
  Same here!  Of course I remember you without the prompting.  I think I verbally shortened your name to "Bo", so please excuse that!  I did enjoy sharing stuff with all, including noobs and upgraders.

If anyone knows Kevin (last name?), he left his Lyr power cord with me, I'll hold it until he can reach me.

A lot of people call me Bo! It's all good!

I believe Frank has a copy of some people's names and handles. 

If I recall correctly, the Lyr used the standard IEC power cable. It's a cable one can get for $5 at a used anything shop.

Midnight and still going strong...

I wonder if I should come down.

Jul 27, 2014 at 12:46 AM Post #39 of 123
Jul 27, 2014 at 2:07 AM Post #40 of 123
  A lot of people call me Bo! It's all good!

I believe Frank has a copy of some people's names and handles. 

If I recall correctly, the Lyr used the standard IEC power cable. It's a cable one can get for $5 at a used anything shop.

I will store it in my freezer, so if he wants it back I will have Cryo-upgraded it.

Jul 27, 2014 at 8:44 AM Post #42 of 123
Did I meet you today Byrnie? I had one stop by with his father that demod the AK240+Chord with the LCDXs I believe. 

Either way, the Head-Fier's there today were great and very respectful.

Yes that was me with my Dad!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back