CanLanta 2013
Mar 27, 2013 at 10:35 AM Post #121 of 194
Trav,
I can bring my Beyerdynamic DT770 and my Denon D2000 (MarkL modded with paduak wood cups and detachable cable)
I was hoping to have a M&M stack by now but other things have taken priority =(

Mar 27, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #122 of 194
I'll be bringing the following:

Headphones
Sennheiser HD650
Audio Technica ATH-M45

Amplifiers
Schiit Lyr (with 6N1P and 6BZ7, from Schiit)

DAC
Schiit Bifrost
NuForce Icon μDAC-2 HP

Cables
Schiit PSYT

Apr 8, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #124 of 194
Hey everybody, I've never been to a meet, but this one is in my area and I'd love to meet some people and hear some nice gear  
smily_headphones1.gif

How do these meets work? I don't have much to offer, but if anybody would like to hear the Audio-Technica AD900x's, I can bring them along!

Apr 9, 2013 at 7:43 PM Post #125 of 194
Papabear simply show up. There will be setups along the tables. Bring whatever gear you like. There will also be vendors there so you may also audition their products as well. You'll have a good time. Thanks, Trav

Apr 13, 2013 at 1:27 PM Post #128 of 194
I live here in Midtown and would love to come check everything out.  I've never been to an event like this, and I'm pretty new with my gear.  I dont have anyting portable to bring except my HD600's.  Is it acceptable to show with just your cans to talk and try out other stuff....I could probably talk your ears off all day.  Would seems like a great learning experience!  Would we need to buy tickets or anything?

Apr 13, 2013 at 1:47 PM Post #129 of 194
Quote:
I live here in Midtown and would love to come check everything out.  I've never been to an event like this, and I'm pretty new with my gear.  I dont have anyting portable to bring except my HD600's.  Is it acceptable to show with just your cans to talk and try out other stuff...I could probably talk your ears off all day.  Would seems like a great learning experience!  Would we need to buy tickets or anything?.

Hope not. 
size]
  We'd like to keep our ears intact for years and years of musical enjoyment.    I think it will be a great event.  I'm really looking forward to it.

BTW, I'm trying to get Matrix Digital to send over the X-Sabre DSD / DXD / PCM HI-rez DAC for us to audition.  I can provide a setup to do a DAC shoot out between the W4S DAC-02 vs. the X-Sabre DAC.  Hopefully, Matrix Digital will agree to do this.

http://www.matrix-digi.com/en/products/49/index.html 

Apr 13, 2013 at 2:46 PM Post #130 of 194
Sorry, I haven't checked this thread in a hot minute, but here's the gear I can bring:

Amp(s) Darkvoice 3322
            Bottlehead Crack (no speedball) <----may be willing to sell if there's interest

DAC: HRT Music Streamer II+

Headphones: HD650 (silver custom cable)
                    AKG K550 & K702
                    Audio Technica ATH-ESW9 (with silver re-cable)

Apr 13, 2013 at 3:03 PM Post #131 of 194
Quote:
Sorry, I haven't checked this thread in a hot minute, but here's the gear I can bring:

Amp(s) Darkvoice 3322
            Bottlehead Crack (no speedball) <----may be willing to sell if there's interest

DAC: HRT Music Streamer II+

Headphones: HD650 (silver custom cable)
                    AKG K550 & K702
                    Audio Technica ATH-ESW9 (with silver re-cable)

I've had my eye on the Bottlehead, I've heard how nicely they'd go with my HD600's.  Love to try that thing out  =)

Apr 13, 2013 at 8:37 PM Post #132 of 194
Quote:
Hope not. 
size]
  We'd like to keep our ears intact for years and years of musical enjoyment.    I think it will be a great event.  I'm really looking forward to it.

BTW, I'm trying to get Matrix Digital to send over the X-Sabre DSD / DXD / PCM HI-rez DAC for us to audition.  I can provide a setup to do a DAC shoot out between the W4S DAC-02 vs. the X-Sabre DAC.  Hopefully, Matrix Digital will agree to do this.

http://www.matrix-digi.com/en/products/49/index.html 

You should provide a bib-warning for posts like this, as I might have drooled just a little at the prospect of checking that bad boy out. Shame on you. 

Apr 13, 2013 at 8:39 PM Post #133 of 194
I hope that they will be able to do it.  Their X-Sabre DSD / DXD capable DAC will be great addition to our meet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back