CanJam SoCal 2021 (September 25-26, 2021)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 14, 2021 at 10:58 PM Post #662 of 949
What is normal? This is my first CanJam.

There's quite a bit of variance depending on circumstances.

For example, the first new CanJam in any given region tends to have a larger-than-normal turnout. Personally, I attribute that to years of pent-up CanJam emptiness being sated.

In addition, years which see many new product releases - especially new flagships - tend to draw people out as well. After all, neither reviews nor measurements can beat auditions. With Audeze's CRBN, DCA's Stealth, Meze's Empyrean Elite, and a few other things I can't mention yet... it seems that CanJam SoCal 2021 is shaping up to be a "flagship" level CanJam.

OMG, sooooo many familiar faces in that video! The dude reaching into his pocket at 3:11 is @Zachik btw. :smiley:

Will these be recorded or available for viewing later ?

Unfortunately, no. Some seminars from past CanJams have been, but I just don't think we'll have the manpower to spare this time around. Sorry. :slight_frown:

Sep 15, 2021 at 2:35 AM Post #663 of 949
Sep 15, 2021 at 6:19 AM Post #664 of 949
So many familiar brands, they are famous and well praised, and we KBear is going to be here this year, a little nervous.

Welcome to CanJam! :relaxed: Don't be nervous, I think you'll find that all of the manufacturers and exhibitors are very friendly and helpful.

Sep 15, 2021 at 6:27 AM Post #665 of 949
This will be the first time we KBEAR participate in the CanJam. Our position will be on D1, all products will be displayed here, welcome to have a try, we will humbly accept all suggestions.

Welcome to CanJam! :relaxed: Don't be nervous, I think you'll find that all of the manufacturers and exhibitors are very friendly and helpful.
Haha, we know you are friendly and helpful, we are willing to make friends, welcome. Trying not to be nervous now, haha.

Sep 15, 2021 at 6:33 AM Post #666 of 949
when is the next London one?

Sep 15, 2021 at 9:14 AM Post #667 of 949
Haha, we know you are friendly and helpful, we are willing to make friends, welcome. Trying not to be nervous now, haha.

I can still remember when I used to exhibit, everybody was extremely helpful and treated each other like family. If you needed tools or packing materials, or adapters, or even gear because of a hardware failure, somebody was always there to lend a helping hand.

when is the next London one?

Next July. https://canjamglobal.com/shows/london2022/

Sep 15, 2021 at 9:22 AM Post #668 of 949
I can still remember when I used to exhibit, everybody was extremely helpful and treated each other like family. If you needed tools or packing materials, or adapters, or even gear because of a hardware failure, somebody was always there to lend a helping hand.

Next July. https://canjamglobal.com/shows/london2022/
I really thought I saw a date for the end of september, bu checked again a couple of days ago and there was nothing. I must have dreamt it lol. Only 10 more months :p

Sep 15, 2021 at 9:33 AM Post #669 of 949
I really thought I saw a date for the end of september, bu checked again a couple of days ago and there was nothing. I must have dreamt it lol. Only 10 more months :p

I miss it just as much as you do, albeit for slightly different reasons perhaps?

I haven't been to London in years. I know it must sound trivial to somebody who lives in the UK, but I miss the simple things... Waking up to a view of Russell Square, stumbling half awake into Costa, grabbing hurried lunches at Pret (something we don't really have here in the States), leisurely strolling Southbank and stopping to listen to world-class buskers, and filling my days with friends that I miss dearly... all with CanJam London underpinnings.

Sep 15, 2021 at 9:39 AM Post #670 of 949
I miss it just as much as you do, albeit for slightly different reasons perhaps?

I haven't been to London in years. I know it must sound trivial to somebody who lives in the UK, but I miss the simple things... Waking up to a view of Russell Square, stumbling half awake into Costa, grabbing hurried lunches at Pret (something we don't really have here in the States), leisurely strolling Southbank and stopping to listen to world-class buskers, and filling my days with friends that I miss dearly... all with CanJam London underpinnings.
I'm no Londoner, I've only been to the city a couple of time briefly so what you described sounds divine lol. Massive eye opener from a simple australian.

Sep 15, 2021 at 9:44 AM Post #672 of 949
I'm no Londoner, I've only been to the city a couple of time briefly so what you described sounds divine lol. Massive eye opener from a simple australian.

As a bloody Yank, I challenge your simplicity standing! 🤣

Also, very important, Dishoom. If you fancy Indian food - and honestly who doesn't like a good Curry - then you've got to hit up Dishoom sometime. Not so much the one in Covent Garden as it tends to be blander, but definitely the one in King's Cross. Sooooo gooooood! :yum:

Sep 15, 2021 at 9:53 AM Post #673 of 949

I haven't been to London in a while. For me, London is great Indian Food, sitting on the grass in the queue for Wimbledon tickets, theatre tickets for 10 quid, the changing of the guard, museums filled with more artifacts from other countries than their own, great spacious cabs and double decker buses.

Sep 15, 2021 at 10:02 AM Post #674 of 949
I haven't been to London in a while. For me, London is great Indian Food, sitting on the grass in the queue for Wimbledon tickets, theatre tickets for 10 quid, the changing of the guard, great spacious cabs and double decker buses.

I think your version sounds better than mine! :relaxed: Would you consider going again, even if it's insanely far to travel for just a CanJam?

museums filled with more artifacts from other countries than their own

...which are then named the "British Museum" for irony's sake. 🤣

Sep 15, 2021 at 10:08 AM Post #675 of 949
I think your version sounds better than mine! :relaxed: Would you consider going again, even if it's insanely far to travel for just a CanJam?

...which are then named the "British Museum" for irony's sake. 🤣
I used to travel 4 times a year from Florida to Singapore. 30 hours door to door, so long plane rides don't bother me. I probably wouldn't not go to London just for a CanJam, but I would if I could combine it with something else. I want to go to the Montreux Jazz festival. If CanJam London were within 2 weeks of that event, I'd probably do both. Since it is in July, I'd probably do Wimbledon as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back