CanJam SoCal 2021 (September 25-26, 2021)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 28, 2021 at 3:34 PM Post #512 of 949
I've kind of got used to wearing a mask while shopping, but my wife still hates it. For me, the joys of CanJam outweigh the discomfort of wearing a mask, but YMMV, of course.
Yeah, fortunately, we don’t need to cover our ears with the mask.

Aug 28, 2021 at 5:01 PM Post #513 of 949
Really looking forward to hearing the Empire Ears EVO and the Meze Elite Empyrean. Two of my favorite headphones (Legend X and Empyrean) that have been adored for years now have their successors coming out at the same time?! RIP wallet.

Aug 29, 2021 at 3:05 PM Post #514 of 949
Really looking forward to hearing the Empire Ears EVO and the Meze Elite Empyrean. Two of my favorite headphones (Legend X and Empyrean) that have been adored for years now have their successors coming out at the same time?! RIP wallet.

I wasn’t aware of the new Empyrean. I’m looking forward to hearing the EVO as well as the two new Vision Ears’ flagships too. The other IEM I’ve got my eyes on is the U18s, I really like the new shell design and from what I’ve read, its tonal signature may be right up my alley.

Aug 29, 2021 at 4:21 PM Post #515 of 949
Again guys:

We've deleted some posts that contained at least one member's risk analysis, medical suggestions, etc. (as well as some posts in response to those posts). With the preponderance of information about COVID-19 statistics, vaccines, masking, etc. available to all, we suggest all of you look at as much information as you can to come to a decision on whether or not to attend. We do not think this thread is the appropriate place, for example, to recommend which vaccine to get.

We understand everyone's concerns regarding COVID-19, given that this is an in-person event. Again, we are in regular contact with the event venue, and we are continuing to monitor the COVID-19 situation carefully.

Please read this quoted post (below) in its entirety:

Please note that these guidelines are subject to change, as we will continue to monitor and comply with the applicable laws and regulations.

We will be posting further updates as we lead up to the event.

Aug 29, 2021 at 5:03 PM Post #516 of 949
But you'll see me!
Well, maybe not a compelling reason...

But you'll get to hang out with us, and all the great gear that begs to be auditioned, and no masks during lunch/dinner/drinks so we can socialize after the show.
Obviously, do whatever works for you my friend, but I hope a piece of fabric not gonna prevent you from coming...
OK you convinced me. I’m going to have a bottle of water in my hand the whole time I’m there as I’m always thrusty.

Aug 29, 2021 at 6:29 PM Post #518 of 949
I have to attend. Where else on the planet can I hear a ZMF Pendant SE, Forge 32/300, 8/100 and a McIntosh MHA200 all in one place? I am bringing 4 pairs of headphones with me to see who wins the shoot out and takes my money.

Aug 29, 2021 at 9:24 PM Post #519 of 949
Aug 29, 2021 at 9:44 PM Post #520 of 949
Aug 29, 2021 at 10:16 PM Post #521 of 949
ZMF Verite Closed, Senn HD800S, Hifiman HE1000SE, Focal Utopia.

Wow! Including cases and cables, that's like a whole carry-on right there!

I'd also advise you to bring a reference portable rig that you are sonically very familiar with. You may or may not want to have such a rig handy, to possibly audition some headphones, which have not yet been announced/launched, that may or may not be at the show, that I absolutely cannot talk about right now. You have been warned. 🤣

Aug 29, 2021 at 10:19 PM Post #522 of 949
Wow! Including cases and cables, that's like a whole carry-on right there!

I'd also advise you to bring a reference portable rig that you are sonically very familiar with. You may or may not want to have such a rig handy, to possibly audition some headphones, which have not yet been announced/launched, that may or may not be at the show, that I absolutely cannot talk about right now. You have been warned. 🤣
Will do. I will have my iBasso DX300 and Cayin C9,

Aug 29, 2021 at 10:35 PM Post #523 of 949
possibly audition some headphones, which have not yet been announced/launched, that may or may not be at the show, that I absolutely cannot talk about right now.
Hey Warren, long time no see my friend!
That comment may or may not be useful, and some people may or may not get anxious because of it... :laughing:

Aug 29, 2021 at 11:17 PM Post #524 of 949
I've seen pictures of those blue plastic earmuff cover on the pads at chinese headphone shows. Wonder if some will use the same thing here that could potentially ruin the audio reproduction. But I might as well as find out myself since it's a 20 minutes drive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 29, 2021 at 11:34 PM Post #525 of 949
Will do. I will have my iBasso DX300 and Cayin C9,

Excellent! :thumbsup:

Hey Warren, long time no see my friend!
That comment may or may not be useful, and some people may or may not get anxious because of it... :laughing:

Yes sir! :slight_smile: Looking forward to it! You can fill me in on your new role at Lucid at the show.

And yes, lol, I would imagine that some people would get agita from what I said. Personally, one of those things may or may not be something that I've been looking forward to for two years now... TWO YEARS. :zipper_mouth:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back