CanJam SoCal 2021 (September 25-26, 2021)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 21, 2021 at 2:21 PM Post #481 of 949
Just wear masks and dont place any headphones near your face and you should be good. Avoid any unnecessary risks.
I feel like using body-safe sanitary wipes would help, in that regard.

Aug 21, 2021 at 3:42 PM Post #482 of 949
I read once you go custom you never go back. Also read the Unique Melody Universal MEST is outstanding. But I doubt that will be at the show. Don't want to buy another iem without trying them & want to get a perfect fit for noise isolation. Shure 846 has isolation but is long in the tooth.

Can confirm, the MEST is one of those once you own, you never go back kind of headphones.

I'm partial to customs because my ears have never had *great* luck with universal tips. My canals are different sizes and I have to use one size bigger in my right ear, lol.

The downside is, it takes quite a while to identify your preferred sound and find something you really like to make that committment.

CanJam makes that road a little easier!

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2021 at 5:09 PM Post #483 of 949
Can confirm, the MEST is one of those once you own, you never go back kind of headphones.

I'm partial to customs because my ears have never had *great* luck with universal tips. My canals are different sizes and I have to use one size bigger in my right ear, lol.

The downside is, it takes quite a while to identify your preferred sound and find something you really like to make that committment.

CanJam makes that road a little easier!
Being new to the iem game going to try to listen to as much as I can. Thanks

Aug 21, 2021 at 8:18 PM Post #484 of 949
Just wondering, does this event fall under the 1000+ people category for CA's new vaccine mandate?

Aug 22, 2021 at 12:30 AM Post #486 of 949
I should be at CanJam SoCal with the rest of the Hpdotcom team. My social skills are pretty shot (not that I had great ones to begin with), but I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and checking new stuff out! :)

CUDDLES

Aug 23, 2021 at 6:41 AM Post #487 of 949
Kbear Aurora will show up at CanJam SoCal. :beerchug:

1.jpg

Aug 23, 2021 at 1:25 PM Post #489 of 949
CanJam SoCal Covid Guidelines Update:

We are looking forward to seeing everyone at CanJam SoCal 2021 next month!

As mentioned in our previous CanJam SoCal update from August 12, we are continuing to monitor the COVID-19 situation carefully and are in regular contact with the event venue. Recently, the State of California introduced new guidelines for indoor events with 1,000+ attendee capacity which go into effect on September 20, 2021. As CanJam SoCal 2021 is an event on a flow-through basis, the Irvine Marriott have advised us that our event does not fall under the new guidelines, as we will not have over 1,000 attendees together at any given time.

For those staying at the the Irvine Marriott, the hotel has implemented a number of new protocols and elevated practices, in response to COVID-19. They have made some adjustments to the services, amenities, and facilities available to guests. For more detailed information, please visit: https://whattoexpect.marriott.com/laxir.

CanJam will institute the following safety protocols for the event:
  • Masks will be required to be worn at CanJam SoCal at all times, regardless of vaccination status.
  • We will create more space between booths, along with wider aisles, in order to reduce congestion and facilitate social distancing.
  • Hand sanitizers will be placed on every table and at the Registration Desk.
Please note that these guidelines are subject to change, as we will continue to monitor and comply with the applicable laws and regulations. We will be sending out further communication in the weeks ahead and leading up to the event. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us for further information.

We look forward to a fantastic, and safe, CanJam SoCal 2021!

Aug 23, 2021 at 2:00 PM Post #492 of 949
Aug 23, 2021 at 5:41 PM Post #495 of 949
Hmmm.. that doesn’t sound promising.. at least in IL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back