CanJam SoCal 2021 (September 25-26, 2021)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 30, 2021 at 10:59 AM Post #392 of 949
Looks like LA is getting another audio show, this time in January: AudioCon
Interesting. Hopefully additional vaccinations diminish the spread of COVID and its variants by CanJam. Then I can think about January lol.

Aug 1, 2021 at 7:20 PM Post #394 of 949
I will be down for dinner Friday night!

Road tripping there so I will be more or less on my own schedule. Hitting LA, Burbank, Santa Monica, and Anaheim for a day at Disney on Thursday before the show.

Then back to Irvine, and rooming onsite!

Aug 1, 2021 at 7:23 PM Post #395 of 949
I will be down for dinner Friday night!

Road tripping there so I will be more or less on my own schedule. Hitting LA, Burbank, Santa Monica, and Anaheim for a day at Disney on Thursday before the show.

Then back to Irvine, and rooming onsite!
While you're in Los Angeles, I suggest a pit stop:

https://grillemallburgs.com/

Bonus points if you brave The Behemoth. It's one of my favorites :)
1627860222090.png

Aug 3, 2021 at 2:28 AM Post #397 of 949
Is the venue in LA or OC? I see people referring to LA but the first post shows OC. I remember a couple years ago it was in DTLA near Staples Center. That was great because there are a ton of non-CanJam things to do in LA, great restaurants as well. Irvine is kind of a snoozefest in comparison.

Aug 3, 2021 at 3:25 AM Post #398 of 949
Is the venue in LA or OC? I see people referring to LA but the first post shows OC. I remember a couple years ago it was in DTLA near Staples Center. That was great because there are a ton of non-CanJam things to do in LA, great restaurants as well. Irvine is kind of a snoozefest in comparison.
Irvine, CA.

Aug 3, 2021 at 5:28 AM Post #399 of 949
It's a lot more difficult to negotiate LA due to traffic, parking, rooming, etc. for those not familiar with the area.
Plenty of nice areas to visit in OC too...

Aug 3, 2021 at 9:25 AM Post #400 of 949

Dodge the homeless in LA has become very fun. 😛

Aug 3, 2021 at 9:32 AM Post #401 of 949
Traffic and parking alone is enough of a reason to pick Irvine over Downtown Los Angeles. In addition, the beaches are better in Orange County than LA area.

As a former native Californian, there is no competition in terms of preferred venue for a conference. That would be Orange County. Better to stay in Orange County and drive to LA to do what you want to do there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back