CanJam SoCal 2021 (September 25-26, 2021)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 22, 2021 at 11:56 AM Post #256 of 949
Oh, but post #246 is audio related, got it, the post you liked. I posted what I posted because he said some places are making people wear a mask or show proof of vaccination, I just said I have not encountered that. I am trying to show a positive light here about things, so maybe people on the fence will want to come.
Thank you for trying to get people excited
All for this!

Guys, while I understand the topic of COVID in relation to CanJam is a thing (and pretty much every aspect our lives, worldwide), let's set it aside right now. If you guys are going to get into arguments regarding it, you won't be in the thread much longer. @third_eye will be able to post any details regarding it and what rules, etc will be in effect, per the venue. We're all excited for CanJam.
Joe

Apologies my comments are being taken the wrong way.
Agree with you 100%
Thank you and sorry not trying to argue
I just want people to be excited about Can Jam (and have liked Whatagump's comment about trying to do such)

I just want to get back to Audio here hence my posts through this thread
No ill will meant to anyone.
I think we are all just fatigued and look forward to FINALLY being able to get back to Audio (as I asked in my posts earlier, as I respect there are 2 sides to every discussion)

I'm done with Covid, and just look forward to Audio discussions
as I mentioned in my earlier thread
Look forward to discussion calm or heated about IEM vs. Cans, Tube Vs. Solid State, Burn In vs none.
Just would like to stay away from Covid!

Thanks again

Jun 22, 2021 at 12:45 PM Post #257 of 949
Food wise.
Big centers with restaurants

1. South Coast Plaza.
Very upscale, tons of yummy restaurants, great shopping mall. Luxurious.
SCP dining

2. Fashion island
Outdoor mall, luxurious but not as upscale imo as South Coast, many choices.
Fashion island dining

3. Diamond Jamboree
One of three nearby Asian restaurants eats
DJ

4. Culver Plaza
Second of many Asian eats
CP

5. The Camp
From the Camp south on Bristol to Mitsuwa Supermarket and Anjin on Paularino north, tons of eats from Italian to Japanese.

Walking distance from South Coast Plaza north on Bristol if the choices there are too expensive.

Boba drinks
DING TEA MONSTER BOBA OR ELSE!! ,)

Chain store. One near South Coast plaza.

Go Yummy. Good for the milk teas where you can actually taste real Chinese tea. Unique flavors like rose milk tea, yummy!

(Rest is COVID related, so won't quote that)
Thanks for the suggestions on food! Will have to check those places out. Looking forward to eating well and checking out some of the headphones on CanJam.

Jun 22, 2021 at 12:52 PM Post #258 of 949
I'm really looking forward to this event and it will be my first time attending anything like this. In the last 18 months, I've gotten into the Head-Fi hobby and acquired some nice cans and amps along the way. I'm hoping to meet some of my favorite vendors and make some new friends along the way. I'd love to meet up with some folks and learn more about any events, dinners, etc. that will be planned during the show.

Jun 22, 2021 at 1:05 PM Post #259 of 949
I'm really looking forward to this event and it will be my first time attending anything like this. In the last 18 months, I've gotten into the Head-Fi hobby and acquired some nice cans and amps along the way. I'm hoping to meet some of my favorite vendors and make some new friends along the way. I'd love to meet up with some folks and learn more about any events, dinners, etc. that will be planned during the show.
This is a great thread to do so in, especially as we get closer to the event!

Jun 22, 2021 at 1:14 PM Post #260 of 949
Thanks for the suggestions on food! Will have to check those places out. Looking forward to eating well and checking out some of the headphones on CanJam.

I have good news on that also. I went to lunch at Panda Express on Saturday, which is a couple miles down the street from the hotel. For the first time in 15 months all tables were open for indoor dining and the soda machine was self serve again. Thats the only place I have eaten in the area, so I cant speak for every restaurant, but its another good sign for Sept and pretty much things being back to normal.

Jun 22, 2021 at 3:45 PM Post #261 of 949
I have good news on that also. I went to lunch at Panda Express on Saturday, which is a couple miles down the street from the hotel. For the first time in 15 months all tables were open for indoor dining and the soda machine was self serve again. Thats the only place I have eaten in the area, so I cant speak for every restaurant, but its another good sign for Sept and pretty much things being back to normal.
Panda Express... Would that be a good recommended local place to eat? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Jun 22, 2021 at 4:57 PM Post #263 of 949
Ask Jack Vang he was eating it at the last show.
I recently gave @Jack Vang a nice chunk of change - I hope he can afford something a little better during CanJam SoCal 2021... :wink:

Jun 22, 2021 at 5:21 PM Post #265 of 949
Jun 22, 2021 at 5:37 PM Post #267 of 949
A burger at The Counter when there's a HiroNori within walking distance? No way, I'm going to carbo load with ramen!
Schedule permitting - I would love joining you (and others) for a good ramen dinner!!
(I am starting to wonder if my plan for being there for 1 night was smart...)

Jun 22, 2021 at 6:36 PM Post #270 of 949
Super excited for this! Canjam 2019 was great. I got to hear an HE1 for a quick five minute sesh. I'm wondering if there will be any new flagships being released. Hopefully Audeze comes through with an LCD4 succesor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back