CanJam SoCal 2019 Impressions thread
Jun 21, 2019 at 10:20 PM Post #2 of 438
Peeked my head in a bit ago, first impression is that it looks like fun...pretty sure I saw ZMF setting up shop, pretty stoked to meet a bunch of fellow audio folks tomorrow. I’m not real big on crowds though so I'll probably be in and out rather quick tomorrow, but I'll try and grab some pictures and maybe try some headphones (not real big on sharing pads with lots of people either though... *nervous* lol)

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:32 PM Post #3 of 438
This is the place to post impressions from the show.

Wish I could be there for this one. Maybe i will see you at axpona.next year. The Khan is still my iem king and Solaris is the queen:thinking:.

Jun 22, 2019 at 11:25 AM Post #6 of 438
Up early getting ready for day 1, I am so excited. Lets have a great day folks, stop by and say hello at the Noble booth, grab some candy, test some stuff and just have fun.

Don't forget to try the Khan. The only problem is that once you do you will need it in your life.

Jun 22, 2019 at 3:11 PM Post #10 of 438
DSC_5504__01__01.jpg

Berry nice...I might buy one!

Jun 22, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #14 of 438
Seminar Reminder: Saturday, from 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm, Sean Olive Presenting
"Segmentation of Listeners Based on Preferred Headphone Sound Profiles"

(in the Rancho Las Palmas room on the main level, just outside the main CanJam exhibit hall)

Can seven years of controlled listening studies about listener preferences, focused on the perception and measurement of headphone sound quality, identify a scientific approach to tuning and designing headphones? Join Dr. Olive as he answers this and other questions.

The work of Dr. Sean Olive, Senior Fellow, Acoustic Research, Harman International and his team are shaping the sound of headphones, not just those made by Harman's brands, but many other companies, too. Sean will be discussing their last seven years of research, much of which is re-shaping how premium headphones sound.

Jun 22, 2019 at 4:25 PM Post #15 of 438
Seminar Reminder: Saturday, from 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm, Sean Olive Presenting
"Segmentation of Listeners Based on Preferred Headphone Sound Profiles"

(in the Rancho Las Palmas room on the main level, just outside the main CanJam exhibit hall)

Can seven years of controlled listening studies about listener preferences, focused on the perception and measurement of headphone sound quality, identify a scientific approach to tuning and designing headphones? Join Dr. Olive as he answers this and other questions.

The work of Dr. Sean Olive, Senior Fellow, Acoustic Research, Harman International and his team are shaping the sound of headphones, not just those made by Harman's brands, but many other companies, too. Sean will be discussing their last seven years of research, much of which is re-shaping how premium headphones sound.
I wish that i was in the states and able to attend - interesting to ponder from the wider viewpoint of many products, that trying to design 'one size fits all' may no longer be the way to go for successful companies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back