CanJam SoCal 2017 Impressions Thread!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 14, 2017 at 4:04 AM Post #376 of 521
We have picked 3 lucky winners for our Canjam SoCal giveaway. Jason Z., Sam K. and Brian M. are the lucky winners, each will get a Brainwavz B200 dual BA Earphones and our Krudul Duo earphone hangers. Each will get an email shortly. Cheers.

I can't believe I didn't win! This is an outrage!
basshead.gif

I mean, I live in London (UK), didn't attend Canjam SoCal, and didn't apply for the giveaway, but still... I can't believe I didn't win!
etysmile.gif

Will you be attending London Canjam by any chance? Hehe

Apr 14, 2017 at 4:05 AM Post #377 of 521
  Awefully nice of you folks at Brainwavz. Among your whole line-up of IEM's on display and dozens of other (sub-$400) IEM's I tried at the meet, your B300 was by far the most impressive to me. Resolving, impactful, musical, clear and true to life! I thought it was more linear than the B400 also. Looks like we have to wait until sometime after May for an official release though

Hey DecentLevi,

Thanks for all your great feedback and showing so much interest in our Brainwavz B300. We really appreciate your enthusiasm in bringing others to our booth to have a listen.

Hey Canjamers

I genuinely appreciate your impressions of our products. In fact we have created the below thread solely for gathering feedback on our Brainwavz B300 and B400. If you have listened to them please feel free to go on there and post your thoughts.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/843192/brainwavz-audio-triple-quad-balanced-armature-earphones-b300-b400-try-them-out-at-canjam-socal-2017#post_13423860

Peace Out and Keep Listening

Apr 14, 2017 at 4:12 AM Post #378 of 521
How come nobody is talking about the NEW Audeze LCD-PRO??? Where are the pictures of that? $1200 is the price? 

If you look at the photo carousel on the top-right of the thread, you can see photos there. I took 2 photos of it.

I didn't get a chance to listen to it though.

Apr 14, 2017 at 9:41 AM Post #381 of 521
  How come nobody is talking about the NEW Audeze LCD-PRO??? Where are the pictures of that? $1200 is the price? 

I listened to the LCD-Pro ($1,200 in a couple of months). It’s made of metal and is much lighter than their current LCD models. I found it sturdy and well made. It has the carbon fiber headband from the LCD-4 and is very comfortable. It’s voiced to sound more neutral with less treble ‘sparkle’ than the LCD-X. I really liked it – it’s smooth across the treble and it still has the Audeze bass. 

Apr 14, 2017 at 9:44 AM Post #382 of 521

I got there before anyone else was there and had the unit all to myself for about 10 minutes.  The Mr. Speakers Electrostat through the Blue Hawaii SE is a sick, sick setup.  I thought it beat the Stax 009 in both soundstage and bass, and also sounded more natural.  The Stax is almost too fast to seem real--like a room with no reverb.  

​I also prefer the Ether E over the 009. The E sounds more 'meaty' with a very natural midrange and good, strong bass. The 009 is leaner and brighter, but it does have a sense of 'air' that I haven't heard anywhere else. BTW, the Woo Audio room had a Stax 700 hooked up to the GES amplifier and I really liked that combo.

Apr 14, 2017 at 9:48 AM Post #383 of 521
​I also prefer the Ether E over the 009. The E sounds more 'meaty' with a very natural midrange and good, strong bass. The 009 is leaner and brighter, but it does have a sense of 'air' that I haven't heard anywhere else. BTW, the Woo Audio room had a Stax 700 hooked up to the GES amplifier and I really liked that combo.

I've found that the 009 really deserves TOP quality amplification. On sources like the BHSE, or when used with fantastic tube amps like the cary audio stuff with a transformer, the 009 bass and lower midrange body fills out considerably.

Apr 14, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #384 of 521
How does the jh lola sound against the noble k10 encore?
Did anyone compare them both?

I'm looking forward to getting more time with both of those.  From the 5 minutes I had with each, the Lola felt a little more smooth and musical and the Encore had more technical chops without being too dry and analytical.  Both very good, hard to choose just one without spending more time and hearing them back to back.

Apr 14, 2017 at 11:15 AM Post #385 of 521
  Reading the variety of thoughts here in this and other such threads, it seems as though I may well be the only one at these events that listens to the music instead of the equipment.  It is just a simple observation but all the same a valid one.

IMHO, this kind of event is for listening to the equipment so that you can decide what to bring home to listen to the music on.  In other words, I can hear music any old time with my current gear; I can only listen to this wide variety of equipment at a show.  Different strokes for different folks.

Apr 14, 2017 at 11:17 AM Post #386 of 521
  Reading the variety of thoughts here in this and other such threads, it seems as though I may well be the only one at these events that listens to the music instead of the equipment.  It is just a simple observation but all the same a valid one.

I listen to the music. If I notice new details I'd previously never noticed, or find myself simply lost in musical bliss, it's generally a pointer that the equipment is good
biggrin.gif

I'd add that when I'm doing 'critical listening' (trying to get a feel for the instrument separation/placement, detail levels, sound signature etc), it's to compare against other present or remembered equipment in order to know which ones are going to let me enjoy particular genres of music the most, or which 'wow' me the most. Ultimately it's all about the music, but if some equipment didn't make it sound better and make the experience more rich and enjoyable than others, then this website and industry would be redundant
beerchug.gif

Apr 14, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #387 of 521
Thank you for the Pics of the LCD-PROS. 

Apr 14, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #388 of 521

You know the old cliché: Audiophiles use music to listen to their equipment; music lovers use equipment to listen to their music. I'm definitely in the music lover camp, but I think it's fun to try out new equipment, and CanJam sure has a lot of nice toys to play with.

Apr 14, 2017 at 11:58 AM Post #389 of 521
So the whole body is made out of metal? No plastic? And its lighter? I think this is a great direction for Audeze. Instead of the crack woods..

Apr 14, 2017 at 12:26 PM Post #390 of 521
  So the whole body is made out of metal? No plastic? And its lighter? I think this is a great direction for Audeze. Instead of the crack woods..

The parts that I touched felt like metal, but I'm sure there are some plastic parts hidden somewhere. It definitely felt noticeably lighter than an LCD-2 or LCD-X and on my head it was very comfortable during the time that I listened to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back