CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015
Jan 3, 2015 at 3:21 AM Post #196 of 1,339
I think it's just the So-Cal theme. It would obviously be a lot more honest if they put the logos over pictures of fat, middle aged dudes with bad haircuts and bermuda shorts. I'll pose for one if needed. :wink: 

Jan 3, 2015 at 6:46 AM Post #198 of 1,339
I thought the quik grip was because the power connector didn't stay in by itself. You can see the grip is only contacting the power plug on the left side.

Oh, that's what it was for!  
biggrin.gif
  My bad.

Lots of cool member tables @ethan and warrenchi can you guys make the list of equipment by member/vendor. There was some gear at the la meet that I wanted to check out but I couldn't remember who was supposed to bring it.

Ex
NERDLING
Electrostatic headphones
Electrostatic amp
CD player

Yup, we will definitely be doing that.  In our continuing efforts to mind suggestions given to us after previous events, we'll be featuring the member showcase (and thus both members and the rigs that they are bringing).  Coming soon!  
smile_phones.gif

Put me down! 
This would be my first ever audio event that I am attending. 

You're never going to forget this, and be prepared to make some lifelong friends.  
smile.gif

I think the logo for the CanJam SoCal is fabulous. Any chance of posters or T-Shirts?  I need to update my 2009 shirt and Wall Art!

Hey David, we always design posters and t-shirts, even if we ultimately end up not making them.  That said, I'm pretty sure we'll be making them this time around.

Right on. After almost a decade on this wallet-sucking website, it'll be good to do an actual meetup. Thanks for bringing the mountain to Mohammed, guys.

Originally Posted by Sam Edwards /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My wallet is still recovering from the last meet down there. I went hoping to get a deal on an AK240, and I came back with the Chord Hugo.

Welcome to Head-Fi, sorry about your... 
biggrin.gif
  Trager, I don't think we've ever met?  Would be cool for me to hangout with some veterans like yourself.  
smile.gif

Okay

Hello all fellow Can Jam members:

I would like to humbly request for somebody to please share their room with me at the Westin. I wasn't originally going to post this request on the forum, but another head-fi member recommended I do so. I would need the room for March 27th & 28th (Fr. & Sat.), but maybe also the 29th. This is your chance to save $90 on the hotel bill. I am a super-polite and clean, responsible working professional and I can give you references for other head-fi members which I know face-to-face. Please send me a direct PM if you are able to work something out soon, so I can also arrange a spare bed from Westin.

Execellent post!  For those that haven't made plans already, sharing a room is one of the very best ways to both cut costs and meet new people.  
smile.gif

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask: will there be a DIY-fi exhibitor room where DIYers make their gear available for people to listen to?  If yes, how can I become an exhibitor there?

I think that we'll be merging DIY with the Member Showcase, a large part of which consists of DIY projects/gear anyway.

Exhibitor list update!!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/741136/canjam-socal-2015-march-28-29-2015-its-official#post_11021560

Really, Massdrop?  Really?!?  

To be clear:  what's with their picture?  Even the self-effacing Schiit didn't sink that low.  You'd think they were selling beer or something.

Originally Posted by Sam Edwards /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think it's just the So-Cal theme. It would obviously be a lot more honest if they put the logos over pictures of fat, middle aged dudes with bad haircuts and bermuda shorts. I'll pose for one if needed. :wink: 

All of the photos depict some facet of life in Southern California, in keeping with the theme.  The photos were arranged (by me) almost randomly, with the exception that I didn't want similar photos next to each other (e.g. Chord and Pendulumic both feature ocean waves).  That said, the guys at Massdrop are pretty fun... don't knock the pic until you've partied with them... and she certainly looks like she's about to drop some mass.

Jan 4, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #202 of 1,339
Jan 4, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #206 of 1,339
Originally Posted by warrenpchi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

All of the photos depict some facet of life in Southern California, in keeping with the theme.  The photos were arranged (by me) almost randomly, with the exception that I didn't want similar photos next to each other (e.g. Chord and Pendulumic both feature ocean waves).  That said, the guys at Massdrop are pretty fun... don't knock the pic until you've partied with them... and she certainly looks like she's about to drop some mass.

Well I think we should welcome her and her kind along w/ us overweight middle-aged bermuda short wearing types.

No reason to be elitist is there?

:)

Jan 4, 2015 at 6:05 PM Post #207 of 1,339
  Originally Posted by warrenpchi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
she certainly looks like she's about to drop some mass.

Well I think we should welcome her and her kind along w/ us overweight middle-aged bermuda short wearing types.

No reason to be elitist is there?

:)

Of course not!  
smile.gif

Jan 4, 2015 at 9:00 PM Post #209 of 1,339
Count me in!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back