CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015
Mar 28, 2015 at 6:13 AM Post #1,306 of 1,339

thank you Mike.  And do you believe that the ETHER will be easy enough to drive to be used with a NON amped DAP ? 

biggrin.gif

Are you askin cuz you know I'm silly enough to LUV my AK240+Lehmann Audio Traveler (via DHC Comp4 90degree mini-mini)??

I know, but I LUV headroom...

I brought that portable rig to Dans hotel room today - hoping to CHECK THAT OUT w/ ETHER
NO joke...

but, of course, I left my Grado 1/4"-to-mini adapter at our suite at the Hilton
(its down the street - and thank God I got Upgraded - because I LOVE Westin and was finally gonna use my points there - well, first-world problems, right??)

BUT - I WILL TRY ETHER on my AK240 - and, the rig - and report back brotha

Mar 28, 2015 at 6:45 AM Post #1,307 of 1,339
Yeah, who needs sleep. Rock on.
I keep telling myself I should call it, but then another hour passes.

Mar 28, 2015 at 8:04 AM Post #1,308 of 1,339
Listening to DSD on the Yggdrasil !!  I thought it did not play DSD ??

Re the ETHER, do you consider it at the level of the LCD-X (that I have but have...confort problem with.  So...looking for an alternative) ?  Is it easier to drive than the LCD-X  (with a NON-Amped DAP)

It doesn't play DSD native but Audirvana can't Amarra can convert it on the fly to PCM. The files for the Rickie Lee were very good quality source.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Mar 28, 2015 at 8:36 AM Post #1,309 of 1,339

Listening to DSD on the Yggdrasil !!  I thought it did not play DSD ??

Re the ETHER, do you consider it at the level of the LCD-X (that I have but have...confort problem with.  So...looking for an alternative) ?  Is it easier to drive than the LCD-X  (with a NON-Amped DAP)

I DO!! Consider i possibly Beyond the Level of my LCD-X!
music-playback-wise.

It's actually got more air, and a more organic/natural feel.
The transient attack sounded UN-matched to me - on the Liquid Glass + CEntrance HiFi-M8..

Can't WAIT to put it thru its paces.

But,
it could be my New Reference!!!!

biggrin.gif

Mar 28, 2015 at 9:02 AM Post #1,310 of 1,339
I DO!! Consider i possibly Beyond the Level of my LCD-X!
music-playback-wise.

It's actually got more air, and a more organic/natural feel.
The transient attack sounded UN-matched to me - on the Liquid Glass + CEntrance HiFi-M8..

Can't WAIT to put it thru its paces.

But,
it could be my New Reference!!!!

:D

Hey Mike you rock, thanks so much for sharing your impressions. I have already preordered the ETHER and your words help me cope with wait and the anticipation.

P.s Hope your wife is doing better.

Mar 28, 2015 at 9:14 AM Post #1,312 of 1,339

I have to say that I have the nicest hotel rig I'm listening to right now!

This is pretty much the only time I'll get to listen to gear as I'll be busy at the show.

Lucky guy :)

- Can you tell us what is the device under the HUGO ? does it really improve the sound ?

- How does the new DrSpeaker planar sound ?  

- And the Liquid Carbon, does it really improve the HUGO sound  compared to headphone direct in the HUGO? 

It's a Schiit Wyrd. Makes quite a difference to the USB input. 

Please Head-Fi TV, make big video coverage of the show.

I hope to do more videos. Not sure exactly what of yet though! 

Hey guys, first time attendee here (for both CanJam or Can-related meet ups in general). Is there anything in particular that is recommended to bring? Don't have much gear of my own. Can we just show up like that? :joy:

A cleared credit card? I kid...

If anything, maybe a microSD card with adaptor full of your favourite music if you want to try DAPs. A CD for some full-sized rigs and/or a USB thumb drive. Sources at tables vary.

Otherwise, yourself! Come up, say hi, and forgive me if I ask you to say your forum name twice as years of living in Japan has screwed with my ability to understand 'merican accents. 
wink_face.gif

Mar 28, 2015 at 9:17 AM Post #1,313 of 1,339
Hey Mike you rock, thanks so much for sharing your impressions. I have already preordered the ETHER and your words help me cope with wait and the anticipation.

P.s Hope your wife is doing better.

thanX brotha!!!
I wholly appreciate those words!!
CONGRATS!!!!

Yeah, VERY interesting, gotta get a power-nap in - but...

Been rockin my FAVE Audezes - LCD-2 w/ Fazor, LCD-XC, and my EL-8s (open-backs) via the new ALO International+ OPT Edition (have OG International - Studio Six, Pan Am, Island, Key, hmm - anyway) - the International is, IMHO - the most musically engaging portable ALO has done to-date!!

I'm hearing things in the EL-8s and LCD-2s I prefer in the lower midband - the overall gestalt - the dynamic power  - their dimension
but the ETHER just had this imaging magic - 

ETHER stands out in sheer holographic-like-staging!

GOTTA put em to the TEST!!!!

VERY excited

Mar 28, 2015 at 10:02 AM Post #1,315 of 1,339
- Can someone try to get (steal) infos from  CHORD  about their "project xxxx" that should be released at Munich ?  The infamous DAC/Headphone AMP with the 160.000 taps... 
wink_face.gif
    Is it some sort of a NEW QBD with headphone amp ?

- Also if someone can compare the MrSpeaker ETHER with the Hifiman HE1000 i will appreciate.

Mar 28, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #1,318 of 1,339
Mar 28, 2015 at 1:12 PM Post #1,319 of 1,339
And please, don't forget to visit the seminars!  Pick up a copy of the show guide for details.  
smile.gif
  In the meantime, here's a preview of the seminar schedule:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back