CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015
Feb 18, 2015 at 10:34 PM Post #497 of 1,339
  Are we still doing members table setup like last year?  Or is it just vendor only this year?

Hello Kokushu, here is a copy of the message from the moderator from page 27 about your question about member tables:

"Okay, since this has come up a few times, I might as well address it now.

As we have planned it all along, we are dedicating a decent portion of space to the member showcase.  But even from the very start, we knew that there would be no way we could accommodate everyone.  It's just not possible.  The strength of the Head-Fi community overall, combined with the dedication of West Coast Head-Fiers in particular, is enough to book out an entire hotel with no exhibitors at all.  In fact, we have already blown way past budget to secure more space, on two successive occasions, so that we could fit additional exhibitors without having to eat into free member space.

Anyway, because we knew that we could not accommodate everyone, we made the decision to have a curated Member Showcase showing some of the best, rarest, craziest, and best sounding rigs on the planet.  An example of something like this would be @gilency
's rig that I heard a couple of years back... or the wonderful work of Mr. Frank Cooter.

No offense to anyone that has the following rig, but it can't just be someone with an O2 and an M50.  FWIW, I myself have an O2 and an M50, so I'm definitely not bagging on anyone.  I'm just saying, it needs to be something remarkable to show to the world, and not necessarily something that is common enough to have been heard by many Head-Fiers already (or otherwise at the show via an exhibitor).

To that end, I have taken the liberty of making a list of members who have some very special rigs, and will be contacting them very soon to finalize arrangements.  Based on their availability, we'll be releasing unclaimed space after they are sorted out."

Feb 19, 2015 at 1:00 AM Post #498 of 1,339
a couple of friends and I will be driving down from utah. Might have an extra seat if Transportation is a problem for someone. please don't kill us

Feb 19, 2015 at 1:29 AM Post #500 of 1,339
a couple of friends and I will be driving down from utah. Might have an extra seat if Transportation is a problem for someone. please don't kill us

Damn, that's a drive!
eek.gif

My brother used to live in Provo and I drove up to visit him for the first time.

I then flew to see him every time after that!
biggrin.gif

Feb 19, 2015 at 1:41 AM Post #501 of 1,339
Damn, that's a drive! :eek:

My brother used to live in Provo and I drove up to visit him for the first time.

I then flew to see him every time after that! :D

A cougar then? My friends are too cheap to fly, so I figured we'd make it a road trip

Feb 19, 2015 at 7:17 PM Post #502 of 1,339
MIT Cables has officially signed on to be at CanJam SoCal with their new Vero Advanced Headphone Cabling System! We will have the Vero paired with Audeze and Astell & Kern, maybe some other setups as well. I will post more info as we get closer to completing our set up. Bring your own, we can accommodate most headphones with our Vero Dongle. 

MIT Cables is really excited about jumping into the personal audio gear waters, and we are pretty confident that you will like what you hear with Vero. Looking forward to connecting! 

Here is more on Vero

Although we have only sent out a few prototypes, people are talking

Feb 20, 2015 at 4:13 PM Post #506 of 1,339
CanJam Volunteers
In addition to our CanJam Event Staff, we're now looking for several volunteers to help us out. You will need to be able to commit to a half-day (4 hours) on either Saturday or Sunday. CanJam Volunteers will receive a free 2 day event pass along with a CanJam T-Shirt. If interested, please PM me!

Need help with the banners? Ha!

Feb 20, 2015 at 7:43 PM Post #509 of 1,339
Hey, someone should tell @shiorisekine
, he loves banners.

Speaking of, I wonder if he hung his somewhere at home.

i need thumbtacks and ive been neglecting to put them up. but i am going to take more this year is im able.

Feb 20, 2015 at 11:12 PM Post #510 of 1,339
I asked this a few pages ago but is there ticket sales on the day itself? I'm not sure how many of us are going to be going (and if we ever are able to) and if it comes to a split second decision I would like to be able to get a ticket there xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back