CanJam Singapore 2024 (April 6-7, 2024)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 2, 2024 at 9:09 PM Post #121 of 169
Good morning Singapore. I got here last night and I am ready to go.

@yaps66 is coming over for breakfast as we call to order the first meeting of the Watercooler with Electech this evening

This is 7:30 PM in Singapore. Notice the lack of a line and no immigration agents. Rush hour in most Large Cities. It took me 1:15 min to land, walk to immigration, pass through immigration, collect my bag, go through customs, get a cab, check into the hotel and relax in my room. SG is the most well run city on the planet.

Last year, it took less than an hour, but that was 5:00 am
SG immigratio.jpeg

Got my first meal in SG. Chicken Satay

Satay.jpeg

And, the new CanJam SG class of 2024

SG tags.jpeg
(Trevor, not sure how you got into this batch. If you want to get on a plane, it's yours.)
I'm hungry for some satay now! Enjoy and looking forward to your impressions.

Apr 2, 2024 at 9:21 PM Post #122 of 169

@yaps66 is coming over for breakfast as we call to order the first meeting of the Watercooler with Electech this evening

This is 7:30 PM in Singapore. Notice the lack of a line and no immigration agents. Rush hour in most Large Cities. It took me 1:15 min to land, walk to immigration, pass through immigration, collect my bag, go through customs, get a cab, check into the hotel and relax in my room. SG is the most well run city on the planet.

(Trevor, not sure how you got into this batch. If you want to get on a plane, it's yours.)
Welcome back! Looking forward to seeing you again. A chilli 🦀 encore for u sir? 😅

Apr 2, 2024 at 10:46 PM Post #123 of 169

SG immigratio.jpeg

Satay.jpeg

SG tags.jpeg
Matt made it!!!

Apr 2, 2024 at 11:08 PM Post #124 of 169
Welcome back! Looking forward to seeing you again. A chilli 🦀 encore for u sir? 😅
Hi @nepherte I will hopefully see you at the show. Unfortunately, I will miss the Sunday dinner since I am flying out that night. Have a Chili crab for me. I will miss it.

Apr 3, 2024 at 1:54 AM Post #125 of 169
Impromptu get together for coffee and listening at Zeppelin. From left to right: @HiFiHawaii808 @AxLvR , @yaps66 @SkyWarrior
1712123426219.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2024 at 2:16 AM Post #126 of 169
Pre-CanJam Partay! 🥳

Apr 3, 2024 at 5:23 AM Post #128 of 169
Yup, the schedule is a little hectic because of the hari raya holiday but I'm glad I can make it thanks to you 😁
Looking forward to my 1st CJ experience 🤩

I am so happy for you, you have no idea! 🥳 Have a wonderful time my friend, you deserve it! :pray:

Apr 3, 2024 at 6:41 AM Post #129 of 169
1712140859464.png

Apr 3, 2024 at 10:30 AM Post #130 of 169

SG immigratio.jpeg

Satay.jpeg

SG tags.jpeg
So thrilled about this! @Andrew DiMarcangelo and I can hardly contain our excitement here at the office. See you all shortly, and thank you again! :)

Bloom Audio Headphones and Personal Audio with Pitch Perfect Service. Stay updated on Bloom Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/BloomAudioStore https://twitter.com/BloomAudioStore https://www.instagram.com/BloomAudioStore https://bloomaudio.com hello@bloomaudio.com
Apr 3, 2024 at 11:21 AM Post #131 of 169
1712157668570.png

Apr 3, 2024 at 12:05 PM Post #132 of 169
At the airport waiting for the boarding to start 😀 see you tomorrow morning Singapore 😍 Travelling with @Visveswaran Umashankar.

1712160288882.png

1712160307759.png

Apr 3, 2024 at 1:05 PM Post #133 of 169
Hello Singapore! :D

IMG_2316.jpeg

The wife and I arrived earlier today in what’ll be our first trip on our own as a couple. We spent the day at a few of our favourite spots - Jewel, Plaza Singapura, Vivo City - but I couldn’t resist trying out some gear along the way. :wink:

First up: The STAX-009S, driven by the TRM-400S, fed by the FiiO R7.

IMG_2331.jpeg

I heard that quick, agile, uber-detailed sound the 009’s are famous for, but I personally couldn’t jive with its tone. I heard a slight hollowness in the midrange - a lack of quantity between 1-2kHz - which made instruments sound a tad too light; lacking substance or density. This was a preference mismatch that I heard from the jump, and it didn’t change no matter what track I listened to. I probably would’ve liked it better with one of STAX’s tube amps, but I wanted to try the 009S on a rig I would realistically buy. The $6000 T8000, not so much… :D

Then, I moved onto the L700MK2.

IMG_2330.jpeg

Now, this was more my speed. It had a much fuller, warmer tone that rang truer to me, and I could’ve listened to it all day. It didn’t quite have the agility or background blackness the SR-900S did, and part of that has to do with how differently they’re tuned, but I loved the L700’s tone enough not to care. The only qualm I had with it was a tiny bit of glare around 7kHz, but I reckon that’s probably the R7’s Sabre DAC talking. I heard a similar treble tone on FiiO’s M17.

Of the two, the MK2 is definitely the model I’d get if I were to get a STAX, but I have my sights set on some in-ears at CanJam already, so no spending shall be done before Saturday. Still, it was cool to finally check a couple STAX’s off my bucket list.

Apr 3, 2024 at 2:17 PM Post #134 of 169

SG immigratio.jpeg

Satay.jpeg

SG tags.jpeg
Love "Legacies are earned, not inherited" on the board there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back