CanJam Singapore 2024 (April 6-7, 2024)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 25, 2024 at 7:22 AM Post #76 of 169
Getting excited. Leaving Sunday night. Will arrive on Tuesday. Got my shirt order and tickets ordered. See everyone soon.

Mar 25, 2024 at 7:35 AM Post #77 of 169
Just sharing one of my favorite interesting local cuisines. There is this place called HarrisAnns located at Suntec City which is a mall that is near the Pan Pacific. It features Peranakan Cuisine which is a rarity here. You also are able to try out some of their delectable kuay which is like small dessert cakes.

Mar 25, 2024 at 8:44 AM Post #78 of 169
Any recommendation for traditional tea house, we are looking around but find no suitable.
St like this
20231014_142450.jpg

Mar 26, 2024 at 2:31 AM Post #79 of 169
Getting excited. Leaving Sunday night. Will arrive on Tuesday. Got my shirt order and tickets ordered. See everyone soon.
Huge fan sir, would really like to meet you in person at the event!! Travelling from India for the CanJam for the first time and I am super excited!!

Mar 26, 2024 at 7:10 AM Post #80 of 169
Huge fan sir, would really like to meet you in person at the event!! Travelling from India for the CanJam for the first time and I am super excited!!
We will arrive at 05/04. If you have time we could meet up before the show.

Mar 26, 2024 at 3:14 PM Post #81 of 169
We will arrive at 05/04. If you have time we could meet up before the show.
Sure man!! I am actually arriving 4th early morning.

Mar 29, 2024 at 1:56 AM Post #82 of 169
Yeah, I've gone to Singapore a fair amount of times even before I took audio seriously.

Thinking of trying out some food stalls up north (my Singaporean friends from way back have been telling me about the Yishun laksa hehehe). Have some stalls I favor elsewhere, like this thunder tea rice stall near Aljunied and one around Joo Chiat.

Anybody know good single origin coffee places? I'm willing to go anywhere in the island for them.
A little bit of a late reply, but I have a few favourites:

Percolate (currently serving Nylon for espresso and Tim Wendelboe and 5 elephants for filter)

Homeground (owner was a 2nd runner up for WBC)

Alchemist (very good espresso)

Tiong Hoe Coffee (some great experimental processes)

Great to find someone else who likes audio and coffee!

Mar 31, 2024 at 12:07 AM Post #83 of 169
Hi Friends,

What is everyone looking forward to listening to at Canjam Singapore?

My list goes as follows:

1. Cayin N30: This one has eluded me still! I didn't enjoy the N8ii after months of ownership so didn't reach out for this one, but let's see how unique/great this is.
2. iBasso D16 and PB5: I already have a desktop setup that just slays with the Jewel but keep hearing good things so curious about how they sound individually and together.
3. UMM FS Nuit Etoilee and FS Nuit Soleil Tombe: Just to scratch the itch. I am, rather resolutely, a DD-guy.
4. Nightjar Titan: I hear it's bass-head! Lol.
5. Oriolus Monachaa: Yet to hear.

In the headphone realm, hoping to try the Tungsten the new Raal Magna and Immanis.

What does your list look like?

Mar 31, 2024 at 1:49 AM Post #84 of 169
Mar 31, 2024 at 2:36 AM Post #85 of 169
Hi Friends,

My list goes as follows:

1. Cayin N30: This one has eluded me still! I didn't enjoy the N8ii after months of ownership so didn't reach out for this one, but let's see how unique/great this is.
2. iBasso D16 and PB5: I already have a desktop setup that just slays with the Jewel but keep hearing good things so curious about how they sound individually and together.
3. UMM FS Nuit Etoilee and FS Nuit Soleil Tombe: Just to scratch the itch. I am, rather resolutely, a DD-guy.

In the headphone realm, hoping to try the Tungsten the new Raal Magna and Immanis.

I just want to try the LP premium daps, Nightjar offerings (as I loved the Singularity), N30 LE, Empire Rars flagships, and Oriolus Monachaa.🙂

And ohh yeah, those new Raal HPs also.

Mar 31, 2024 at 6:13 AM Post #87 of 169
Oh yes definitely that too

Nobody knows when they're going to lock down the final tuning... but it's possible that CanJam Singapore 2024 is our last chance to give them feedback on that. The future could be in your hands @Sajid Amit, don't let us down! :slight_smile:

Mar 31, 2024 at 6:32 AM Post #88 of 169
Hi Friends,

My list goes as follows:

I have a bunch of things planned, mostly in the budget category.

1. Elysian Pilgrim
2. Aful Cantor
3. Nightjar Duality
4. AuR Audio Aehta(meeting the brand outside of CanJam)
5. Symphonium Titan
6. Cayin N7
7. More than any above mentioned things, Want to meet new and fellow audiophiles and feel the vibe of CanJam.

Mar 31, 2024 at 10:06 AM Post #89 of 169
A little bit of a late reply, but I have a few favourites:

Percolate (currently serving Nylon for espresso and Tim Wendelboe and 5 elephants for filter)

Homeground (owner was a 2nd runner up for WBC)

Alchemist (very good espresso)

Tiong Hoe Coffee (some great experimental processes)

Great to find someone else who likes audio and coffee!

Thanks for this. I'm pretty new to specialty coffees honestly, but I'm developing a taste for them. From the list, I'm particularly interested in Tiong Hoe since I'm always game to check out experimental processes in [any] food/drink. Also hear great things about the owner.

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2024 at 10:31 AM Post #90 of 169
Hi Friends,

My list goes as follows:

My list is pretty short:

Pilgrim
Storm (Likely doing a longer audition of this in Zepplin on Monday)
Titan
Whatever new/prototype items are announced. I’ll probably try a lot more headphones this time around.

That said any coffee shop recommendations in Singapore? Big coffee connoisseur here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back