CanJam Singapore 2022 (April 2-3, 2022)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 4, 2021 at 10:31 PM Post #92 of 234
tried to check flights on airasia to no avail, guess the system cant estimate a fare

Oct 4, 2021 at 10:58 PM Post #93 of 234
Is CanJam Singapore 2022 likely to happen or not?

Oct 4, 2021 at 11:15 PM Post #94 of 234
Is CanJam Singapore 2022 likely to happen or not?
tbh is hard to tell, since the infection rate is rising daily in SG now and the gomen is pulling out all the stops, thats so far i know from newsletters

Oct 5, 2021 at 12:08 AM Post #95 of 234
tbh is hard to tell, since the infection rate is rising daily in SG now and the gomen is pulling out all the stops, thats so far i know from newsletters
In Hawaii, we locked down the whole economy for about a year. As a result, we were able to keep the total number of deaths down to a normal flu season. So, when the vaccines rolled out, we thought we would be in the clear once enough people got vaccinated. Then, summer can and the Delta variant exploded. But, we had already had a good head start on vaccinations. So, we did not need to lock down again, but the hospitals nearly got over run. Now, we have about 90% of the eligible adult population having at least one dose of a vaccine and the Delta variant has peaked and has come down dramatically. I think that no matter what you do, Delta is going to spread through the community because it can infect vaccinated people who will spread it to unvaccinated people and put many in the hospital. Once you get beyond the 2 month cycle, you should be in good shape. But, it's scary as hell. We have 750 hospital beds in Hawaii and on Sept 4, we have 448 of them with mostly unvaccinated covid patients. Now, a month later, we are down below 180. But we have about 250 deaths in 30-days vs. 500 in 365 days under total lock down. If our experience is similar to yours, then that is what you are looking at. If it starts before the end of the year, it's possible for CanJam to occur by April. Well, unless a new vaccine resist variant spreads like crazy.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2021 at 4:59 PM Post #96 of 234
how do we get medals once we attend a Canjam? I visited Singapore Canjam in 2018

Oct 6, 2021 at 5:28 AM Post #98 of 234
Oct 17, 2021 at 9:08 AM Post #102 of 234
Looking at the current situation, first half of next year should be safe to assume that CanJam would go on. Now we are already slowly opening up.

Oct 24, 2021 at 5:31 AM Post #103 of 234
although I'm very committed to go every year, next year is a bit hesitant, cause we are entering the "covid rebound" era, it might get worse

Jan 18, 2022 at 3:58 PM Post #104 of 234
Singapore big banner.jpg

It's on! Join us for CanJam Singapore 2022, the 5th edition of the biggest headphone audio show in Southeast Asia! SAVE THE DATE and be sure to subscribe to the thread for updates!

CanJam Singapore 2022

Pan Pacific Singapore
Marina Square
7 Raffles Boulevard
Singapore 039595

Saturday, April 2, 2022
11am to 6pm

Sunday, April 3, 2022
10am to 5pm

Show Passes (Click here to purchase)
Weekend Pass - SGD $30
One Day Pass - SGD $20

If you purchased a Show Pass for the postponed 2020 show, you will not need to re-purchase. All 2020 Show Passes will be valid for 2022.

Travel
Overlooking the stunning Marina Bay, the Pan Pacific Singapore is strategically located at the gateway to the Central Business District and offers a wide array of sightseeing, retail, and entertainment options in the vicinity. We have secured a limited number of rooms at a rate of S$268/night which includes a fabulous buffet breakfast. Click here to make your room reservations.

CanJam Volunteers
There will be volunteer staff positions at CanJam Singapore 2022 to assist at the Registration Desk. You will need to be able to commit to a 4 hour shift on either the Saturday or Sunday of the event. Volunteers will receive free weekend passes along with an event T-Shirt. If you are interested, please send me a PM or email to ethan@canjam.org with your full name, email address, and T-Shirt size.

COVID-19 Guidelines
Our guidelines will require all CanJam Singapore 2022 attendees, exhibitors, and staff to show proof of full vaccination (or acceptable exemption) in order to attend CanJam Singapore. Proof of full vaccination (and acceptable exemptions) are as follows:

For local Singapore residents:
  • Currently, 2 Primary shots + 1 booster to maintain fully vaccinated status.
  • From February 14, 2022, persons aged 18 and older who have completed the primary vaccination series and are eligible for booster vaccination will be considered fully vaccinated for 270 days after the last dose in their primary vaccination series.
  • Recovered from COVID-19 within the last 180 days.
  • Medically ineligible individuals will be issued a standard paper memo, which should be presented along with a government-issued photo identification card to be exempted from the vaccination requirement.
For Travelers to Singapore:
  • 2 Primary shots with the exception of the J+J vaccination (1 shot)
  • Travellers to Singapore should review the information at https://safetravel.ica.gov.sg/arriving/overview for more specific information regarding acceptable vaccination doses and intervals.
  • Travellers who have been vaccinated overseas can get their overseas vaccination records reflected electronically in the Trace Together app.
  • The vaccinated status in your Trace Together app will be your proof of vaccination while being in Singapore.
Additionally, the following steps will be taken to enhance the safety of CanJam Singapore attendees, exhibitors, and staff:
  • Masks will be required to be worn at all times during CanJam Singapore 2022.
  • We will create more space at the Registration Desk and during the check in process.
  • The Pacific Ballroom will be separated into (5) zones in order to comply with current regulations for indoor events in Singapore. There will be a maximum of 100 persons per zone at any one time.
  • Hand sanitizers will be placed on every exhibitor table and at the Registration Desk.
As is standard practice for large events during COVID-19, we will be requiring all attendees, exhibitors, and staff to review and sign an event liability waiver before entering CanJam Singapore 2022. The waiver will be sent in advance to all ticket holders, and CanJam Singapore attendees can either bring the signed waiver with them, or they can pick up and sign the waiver at the Registration Desk upon check-in at CanJam Singapore 2022.

We are grateful for the ability to be hosting CanJam events again, and we look forward to welcoming you back, and seeing you once again, live, and in person!

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2022 at 4:12 PM Post #105 of 234
Awesome. The Pan Pacific hotel is the hotel I stayed in on my first trip to Singapore in the 90s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back