CanJam Singapore 2017 (March 11-12, 2017)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 22, 2017 at 11:06 PM Post #332 of 632
Mm..stupid question: to be more efficient in mapping my to-visit exhibitor booths, will there be a phamplet or directory of exhibitors that will be handed out to visitors at show opening? I hate just roaming around like a headless chikin'.

For prospective CanJam attendees from the Philippines, just a heads-up. Because of some freakin' radar maintenance shut-down, Philippine Airlines and Cebu Pacific have canceled hundreds of flights from March 3rd to the 11th, mostly domestic and some international flights. Monitor the respective websites for details. Manila-Singapore seems to be safe for now.

Feb 23, 2017 at 2:01 AM Post #333 of 632
Mm..stupid question: to be more efficient in mapping my to-visit exhibitor booths, will there be a phamplet or directory of exhibitors that will be handed out to visitors at show opening? I hate just roaming around like a headless chikin'.

For prospective CanJam attendees from the Philippines, just a heads-up. Because of some freakin' radar maintenance shut-down, Philippine Airlines and Cebu Pacific have canceled hundreds of flights from March 3rd to the 11th, mostly domestic and some international flights. Monitor the respective websites for details. Manila-Singapore seems to be safe for now.

they have a booklet with exhibitors Road map and info, and maybe a mission leaflet

Feb 23, 2017 at 4:05 AM Post #335 of 632
Would any visitors that are not staying at the Pan Pacific be kind enough to point out where they're staying? Would like to weigh up my options to better fit my budget. Don't mind having to travel to the venue as long as its a reasonable distance.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 23, 2017 at 4:16 AM Post #336 of 632
  Would any visitors that are not staying at the Pan Pacific be kind enough to point out where they're staying? Would like to weigh up my options to better fit my budget. Don't mind having to travel to the venue as long as its a reasonable distance.
smily_headphones1.gif

The whole of Singapore is a reasonable distance, pretty much 
tongue.gif

On a more serious note, I'd suggest using agoda.com and searching for Pan Pacific, and then viewing all on map. It's easy to see all your options in relation to each other, and it conveniently displays the prices as well.

Airbnb also allows you to search in this sort of view, just in case you're not staying at a hotel. 

Feb 23, 2017 at 4:22 AM Post #337 of 632
smily_headphones1.gif

​Don't worry too much about the distance.
You can pretty much get from one end of the island to the other in slightly more than an hour by train.
Pan Pacific is right smack in the middle so it's pretty convenient.

Feb 23, 2017 at 4:52 AM Post #338 of 632
Would any visitors that are not staying at the Pan Pacific be kind enough to point out where they're staying? Would like to weigh up my options to better fit my budget. Don't mind having to travel to the venue as long as its a reasonable distance. :)

Mm..will be staying in V Hotel Lavender (rated 4 stars) at around usd100 a night. SMRT station is just under the hotel and it is just 2 train stops away from Pan Pacific.

Feb 23, 2017 at 4:56 AM Post #339 of 632
Would any visitors that are not staying at the Pan Pacific be kind enough to point out where they're staying? Would like to weigh up my options to better fit my budget. Don't mind having to travel to the venue as long as its a reasonable distance. :)

Booking.com is your friend. There are plenty of options in 10 min walking distance for reasonable prices. Keep in mind also that Singapore is extremely clean even the cheaper hotel will feel pretty nice

Feb 23, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #340 of 632

I am staying in Studio M in Robertsons Quay. Not sure how far is it away from the venue but I'll find a way to go there

Feb 23, 2017 at 9:20 PM Post #342 of 632
I am staying in Studio M in Robertsons Quay. Not sure how far is it away from the venue but I'll find a way to go there

I've stayed there for 2 weeks a few years ago. Not a bad hotel. Plus there's a Belgian restaurant less than 5 minutes away :D

Feb 23, 2017 at 10:15 PM Post #344 of 632
While we're on the subject of hotels, can anyone suggest what would be the best way to get to the show from Peninsula Excelsior? TIA.

If you're going from Peninsular to Pan Pacific, it's actually just a short walk over, roughly ten minutes total. I can't exactly give you full directions, but you'll pass by an area called South Beach on your left (a huge entertainment/club/restaurant area, modern and new looking buildings) and the War Memorial Park on your right (a park with a huge structure in the middle, comprising four white pillars), on your way to Suntec City. Once there, you'll be at Pan Pacific after crossing an overhead bridge. I believe the hotel staff will be more helpful in directing you over.

Feb 23, 2017 at 10:20 PM Post #345 of 632
Also, for those making their way over by public transport, the two closest MRT (metro, train, rail, whichever you wanna call it) stations are Esplanade and Promenade, on the Circle line, with Promenade being also on the Downtown line. Several interchange stations you can transit from would be Paya Lebar MRT if you're arriving from the east, or Dhoby Ghaut MRT if coming from the west/central, onto the Circle Line, and from Chinatown or Bugis if you wish to go via the Downtown Line. Hope that helped! If you want any help on other things to do or food recommendations, do let us know where you will be staying for the time being :) I'm no expert but I'll try my best to contribute as well, if it's not too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back