CanJam Singapore 2017 (March 11-12, 2017) Impressions thread!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 11, 2017 at 1:36 PM Post #47 of 252
I really can't wait till 64audio tia's technology start to trickle down to more affordable range of products. Tia Fourte was so damn good, I was not even that impressed with Dita Dream compared to it. I'll try VE8 tomorrow, gonna grab my dx200 in other place while at it :grin:

Mar 11, 2017 at 2:45 PM Post #48 of 252
Mm..thanks Sennheiser. The HE 1 is the one. I was truly stunned by what I heard. Truly a headphones system to end all headphones.

Wow, it looks so solid and awesome TBH. Are they using that iMac to feed the DAC via USB? What software were they using, HQ Player?

Mar 11, 2017 at 3:46 PM Post #49 of 252
tried the empire x effect 'arthur' and 64 audio 'tia fourte', and it was amazing. especially the latter, it is on a different level. even with its stock cable, i think it has surpassed many if not all in the building. simply the best. met vlad too, the co-founder of 64 audio, finally
smily_headphones1.gif
what he and his brother have achieved through progress from their humble laboratory/apartment, is highly respectable.

I really can't wait till 64audio tia's technology start to trickle down to more affordable range of products. Tia Fourte was so damn good, I was not even that impressed with Dita Dream compared to it. I'll try VE8 tomorrow, gonna grab my dx200 in other place while at it :grin:

Any further impressions of the Fourte would be much appreciated.  Thanks!

Mar 11, 2017 at 3:53 PM Post #50 of 252
another thing to awe, labkable. they have a rreally wonderful collection of cables. one of them, 'samurai' is made out of platinum? not to mention, 'titan', the clearest sounding cable i've heard. wow x 2500

Did they tell why and how platinum is better than silver?  

Mar 11, 2017 at 4:05 PM Post #51 of 252
Mar 11, 2017 at 4:48 PM Post #52 of 252

Any further impressions of the Fourte would be much appreciated.  Thanks!

I like more impression also.  "Damn good" are not descriptive words for music 
biggrin.gif

Mar 11, 2017 at 4:53 PM Post #53 of 252
  I like more impression also.  "Damn good" are not descriptive words for music 
biggrin.gif

It is a pretty fair indicator though, I reckon! 
wink_face.gif

Mar 11, 2017 at 6:00 PM Post #54 of 252
  Thanks for the pic. Now, i see you have George's Carbon. How does your set up compare to the BHSE/009/Holo Spring, sound wise? Appreciate some impressions. Thanks

Tried it and felt that I will have a hard time telling which set up is different.They are more similar than different. Heard a tad more tube smoothness in Norah Jones's voice from the BHSE.
Wont go wrong from either sets. :)

Mar 11, 2017 at 8:06 PM Post #57 of 252
Wow, it looks so solid and awesome TBH. Are they using that iMac to feed the DAC via USB? What software were they using, HQ Player?

Mm..yup. Mac. Did not pay attention to the software. They played a few tracks first then you can request from the database (lots). It is solidly made. From up close, it looks very handsome. Even the remote control weighed considerably. It was explained that the tubes should last at least 6 years and user replaceable. Choice of customization include the Italian marble (black), knobs and, yes, even the serial numbers (8s for luck as an example.).

I'll attempt to audition the Shangrila today for comparison.

Mar 11, 2017 at 8:11 PM Post #58 of 252
For those who have a timeslot for the Sennheiser HE 1 auditions:

Please meet at the registration desk 30 minutes before your appointment. Groups will be taken in 30 minute blocks.

1. Meet at the registration desk by 3:45pm for a time slot starting from 4:00-4:25pm.
  2. For a time slot from 4:30-4:55, be at the desk by 4:15pm.
  3. Meet at the desk at 4:45 for a time slot between 5:00 and 5:25pm.
  4. And if your slot is from 5:30-5:55, be at the desk at 5:15pm.

Mar 11, 2017 at 8:19 PM Post #59 of 252
Some brief impressions from Day 1

Final Audio E3000

Final Audio E3000 prototype
Single dynamic driver, ridiculously small footprint, similar to their Heaven series. Rather V-shaped with great control over micro details. Bass carries good impact, might be slightly muddy for some. Mids are clean, and well controlled. Treble might get a bit hot for some, but they add a nice sparkle for those who like bright IEMs.

DUNU DK3001 Prototype, uses Knowles BA drivers

DUNU DK3001
4-driver hybrid, single DD + 1 single BA + 1 double BA

DUNU house sound, rather neutral with a slightly mid-centric/bright presentation. Makes for good spatial representation and layering of instruments, hence great detail. Near analytical, but retains a hint of musicality. Treble extends very well, and isn't too piercing. Mids are sweet, female vocals definitely win here. Bass is present, nothing too boomy or loud. Not as impactful as some IEMs, but has a nice weighty punch without taking centre stage. Overall emphasis is on upper-mids/highs.

FLC Celeste, CIEM?

FLC Celeste Prototype
4 driver hybrid, 1 DD + 3 BA (iirc)
Has a nice switch to play around with, one of which changes the tuning from Vocals to Rock/Pop (according to the instructions). This one goes from a mid-centric IEM to a rather bass heavy, V-shaped one, and it sounds very different from each other. Hard to describe the base tuning, but given that it has 108 configurations done througg the gears in the IEM, nothing much can be said other than to try it yourself. Very intruiging IEM.

Mar 11, 2017 at 8:34 PM Post #60 of 252
@joe Really appreciate for giving ur precious slot to me for a chance to hear the legendary HE1. My ears will never enjoy that level of sound quality until I buy it. Truly a remarkable experience. You are awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back