CanJam Singapore 2016 Impressions (February 20-21, 2016)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 23, 2016 at 9:11 PM Post #346 of 507
Awww c'mon! I want to try Maverick and all they gave me for audition is Merlin 2 and Martian. I was trying all sorts of IEM to buy and ended up with T8ie, perhaps it'll be a different story if I tried Maverick.

i did try the martian though ;p

Feb 23, 2016 at 10:06 PM Post #348 of 507
Jupiter rocks! My favorite UIEM alongside Dita Truth. Didn't have enough time to try the Earsonics (curses!) but... they had the Maverick? Dang! If I remember correctly it's Dopaminer's favorite UM. UM booth let me test the Merlin instead. Same 4BA+1DD config.

Yeah, boi!!! They're awesome and from my hometown, yo \m/ \m/

Awww c'mon! I want to try Maverick and all they gave me for audition is Merlin 2 and Martian. I was trying all sorts of IEM to buy and ended up with T8ie, perhaps it'll be a different story if I tried Maverick.

???

Feb 23, 2016 at 10:13 PM Post #350 of 507
Can't say too much about the Odin (not a headphones guy) besides that it had an enjoyable warm kind of signature (I can be wrong), but it was nice meeting the men behind the Kennerton stuff.

i feel the Russians weren't very good with pr, they didn't attend to any patrons at their booth, instead i see them walking around

Feb 23, 2016 at 11:21 PM Post #356 of 507

Jupiter rocks! My favorite UIEM alongside Dita Truth. Didn't have enough time to try the Earsonics (curses!) but... they had the Maverick? Dang! If I remember correctly it's Dopaminer's favorite UM. UM booth let me test the Merlin instead. Same 4BA+1DD config.

If the Merlin 2 is anything similar to the first version, they will not sound similar to the Maverick. On that note though how was the new Merlin?

Feb 23, 2016 at 11:45 PM Post #357 of 507

If the Merlin 2 is anything similar to the first version, they will not sound similar to the Maverick. On that note though how was the new Merlin?

I forgot to take down notes for them sorry. Might not help much.

Just that I tested Merlin, Mentor and Legacy in succession.
For Merlin I was "nice, warm, natural bass..."
Mentor was "nice, smooth treble extension, still fun."
Legacy was "treble sparkle! this is the best of the bunch."

Feb 24, 2016 at 3:22 AM Post #359 of 507
Piotr (Custom Art) didn't bring his own demo? 24 pages and not a single word had talked about CA product...LOL

same thing with other brands such as limeears? different sonic performance preference
beerchug.gif

Feb 24, 2016 at 3:35 AM Post #360 of 507
Very amazed with the Auralic Aries > Vega > Taurus MK II > HE-1000, more so than the Schiit Rag/Ygg stack. Probably the best setup I've heard there not counting the Shangrila and Orpheus. Definitely on my upgrade list. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back