CanJam @ RMAF 2018 Impressions (Oct 5-7, 2018)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 5, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #19 of 326
Some of my impressions so far , live vlogged. Btw, if you see me, come say hi!

Oct 5, 2018 at 5:47 PM Post #20 of 326
Some of my impressions so far , live vlogged. Btw, if you see me, come say hi!

If you could do a comparison of the Diana vs. Diana Phi, that would be great!

Oct 5, 2018 at 6:28 PM Post #22 of 326
I’m listening to the new Elegia right now. Sounds pretty good, I don’t have a closed headphone so it’s a possibility for me.

I really like the Schiit Lyr 3 also. My K7XX really rocked with it earlier, just soaked up the power. Modi 3 is a great DAC for the price as well.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2018 at 6:35 PM Post #24 of 326
I’m listening to the new Elegia right now. Sounds pretty good, I don’t have a closed headphone so it’s a possibility for me.

I really like the Schiit Lyr 3 also. My K7XX really rocked with it earlier, just soaked up the power. Modi 3 is a great DAC for the price as well.
Would really appreciate some thoughts on the Elegia vs ZMF Atticus and Eikon. Would love to know where it sits on the scale in terms of bass/treble/mids/soundstage compared to the ZMF flagships.

Oct 5, 2018 at 6:43 PM Post #25 of 326
The Meze Empyrean is the most luxurious thing to ever grace these two ears. Be sure not to miss it.
If I had to buy just one headphone now, money no object, that would probably be it. Can you describe the sound and compare it to other headphones you know?

Oct 5, 2018 at 6:57 PM Post #26 of 326
If I had to buy just one headphone now, money no object, that would probably be it. Can you describe the sound and compare it to other headphones you know?

I really wish I could answer that, but, due to the noisy show floor and the fact that I was unfamiliar with most of the music at the booth, I wouldn't say I have any concrete impressions on their sound. I thought they did sound very good and they had a delicious warmth to them. Mostly, I was blown away by the aesthetics, build, and comfort, all of which Meze seems to have nailed. Those Alcantara pads are glorious and I think the Empyrean is the most beautiful headphone I've seen to date. I think they have something really special.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2018 at 7:22 PM Post #28 of 326
Hi all,

Hate to ask but unsure where else to. I managed to lose my last USB C to OTG cable today and I can't find it. Talk about being unprepared for my first show!

Would anyone have a spare I could borrow for the weekend so I can run my dac/amp from my phone and not have to pull out my laptop?

Do let me know if you have one available. I'll give it back to you on Sunday if it's ok with you!

Thanks for helping a brother out!

Oct 5, 2018 at 10:01 PM Post #29 of 326
Hi all,

Hate to ask but unsure where else to. I managed to lose my last USB C to OTG cable today and I can't find it. Talk about being unprepared for my first show!

Would anyone have a spare I could borrow for the weekend so I can run my dac/amp from my phone and not have to pull out my laptop?

Do let me know if you have one available. I'll give it back to you on Sunday if it's ok with you!

Thanks for helping a brother out!

Make sure you check with the front table about the lost-and-found box. Also, there is a MicroCenter almost 2 miles from the hotel/show, in case you need to buy a new OTG.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2018 at 11:04 PM Post #30 of 326
Would really appreciate some thoughts on the Elegia vs ZMF Atticus and Eikon. Would love to know where it sits on the scale in terms of bass/treble/mids/soundstage compared to the ZMF flagships.

I haven't listened to either the Elegia or the ZMFs enough to elaborate too much. I did listen to the Atticus and Eikon last year at RMAF and they were quite different from the Elegia. The Elegia is brighter and a bit more metallic sounding compared to the ZMFs, but not ear piercing or too shrill in the highs. Eikon is probably the most neutral of the three, its bass extends deeper than Atticus but the Atticus has more thump in the midbass/upper bass. They are all quite good though and I was surprised that the price of the Elegia is $899, I would have thought it was more.

Having said that, I'm probably leaning toward the Aeon Flow Closed, I heard it last year too and it is only $680 right now. The sound and comfort are amazing for that price IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back