CanJam RMAF 2017 (October 6-8, 2017)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 1, 2017 at 12:56 PM Post #166 of 230
I haven't even gotten a good listen with the Aeon closed or the Atticus/Eikon and they're already releasing new stuff? I need to pick up the pace. So many headphones, so little time.

Oct 1, 2017 at 6:53 PM Post #169 of 230
My wife and I will be there Thursday and Friday. I'll be at the show Friday at noon. Anybody who would like to listen, I'll have my Sound Device 702 with live Jazz recordings. I'll be at the Cam Jam first. I would love to stay Saturday but as an airline employee I have to schedule my time when flights look available for non-reving. I look forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones. Jude I hope to see you.

Sincerely,
Jesse Anderson

Oct 1, 2017 at 8:47 PM Post #171 of 230
Can I buy products at a canjam? or is it strictly gear demos?
Some vendors would bring small quantity to sell (usually at a discount).
Others would sell some of their demo units at the end of the show on Sunday evening.

Oct 2, 2017 at 9:43 AM Post #172 of 230
Can I buy products at a canjam? or is it strictly gear demos?
I would say that if you are looking for an IEM you chances are good that you vendor will have some on hand to sell at a show discount, maybe 10% or a little more. Full size head phones are usually in shorter supply. Dan of Mr. Speaker usually has a few of each model but if you wait until after noon on Saturday deals may dry up because of lack of inventory.

Oct 2, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #173 of 230
Hi guys, anybody know what are the blue Unique Melody ones Jude only shows but says nothing about, there's new cable attachement, color and adel type air pressure knob. Guessing they are refreshing the whole lineup with those??
thanks

Oct 2, 2017 at 3:14 PM Post #174 of 230
Hi guys, anybody know what are the blue Unique Melody ones Jude only shows but says nothing about, there's new cable attachement, color and adel type air pressure knob. Guessing they are refreshing the whole lineup with those??
thanks

The blue unit is a Mason V3. The connectors are part of our Dual-Tone Cable feature and the dial is not an ADEL or APEX module.

Not sure I can go into any more details as I'm a little iffy on the limitations of MOT TBH. Feel free to let me know if I'm stepping on any toes here folks, as that's certainly not my intentions.

Oct 2, 2017 at 3:34 PM Post #175 of 230
The blue unit is a Mason V3. The connectors are part of our Dual-Tone Cable feature and the dial is not an ADEL or APEX module.

Not sure I can go into any more details as I'm a little iffy on the limitations of MOT TBH. Feel free to let me know if I'm stepping on any toes here folks, as that's certainly not my intentions.

Thank you Cotnijoe, this is really exciting as i am a big UM fan and have Merlin v1, was listening again after at least a year and i still love them, so was about to go for Maestro or Mentor from MusicTech but not sure which one of the line-up would be best for me, wish i could here them, but dificult in uk. Id love to know more about the new ones. Please feel free to PM me if you have the time.

Oct 2, 2017 at 8:11 PM Post #176 of 230
Hey Everyone! I was given the ok to share a few details about what you can expect from Unique Melody at RMAF this year, so I thought I'd give you all a quick introduction to the UM booth while keeping it short and sweet.

In addition to the ME.1 Planar Magnetic IEM that Jude briefly looked at in the previous video, we'll also be launching the V3 generation of our Mentor and Mason IEMs. They're essentially redesigned from the ground up, only really retaining the original concept and essence of product, while being loaded with quite a few features.

I've attached a flyer introducing the V3 generation IEMs as well as a figure breaking down our new "Dual-Tone" Cable. Feel free to check them out and I hope to get to chat with you all later this week!

V3 Flyer.jpg Dual-Tone Cable.jpg

Oct 2, 2017 at 8:15 PM Post #177 of 230
Hey Everyone! I was given the ok to share a few details about what you can expect from Unique Melody at RMAF this year, so I thought I'd give you all a quick introduction to the UM booth while keeping it short and sweet.

In addition to the ME.1 Planar Magnetic IEM that Jude briefly looked at in the previous video, we'll also be launching the V3 generation of our Mentor and Mason IEMs. They're essentially redesigned from the ground up, only really retaining the original concept and essence of product, while being loaded with quite a few features.

I've attached a flyer introducing the V3 generation IEMs as well as a figure breaking down our new "Dual-Tone" Cable. Feel free to check them out and I hope to get to chat with you all later this week!

What's the differences between UM 4pin and JH 4pin?
Also, what's the differences between their pressure relieve and ADEL/APEX?

Oct 2, 2017 at 8:25 PM Post #178 of 230
This is truly exciting.let us know if there will be a dedicated thread soon.
I'm all in as long as they don't follow the current trend to cost more than twice its previous incarnations.

Oct 2, 2017 at 8:52 PM Post #179 of 230
What's the differences between UM 4pin and JH 4pin?
Also, what's the differences between their pressure relieve and ADEL/APEX?

Think of our 4 pin connector really as a 2 pin connector - the utilization of 4 pins is really to bring the "Dual-Tone" concept to life. So essentially it's application is completely different. We initially toyed with the idea of creating a proprietary connector, but I think most people will agree that the last thing the world needs is another proprietary connector =P.

Our little module is essentially a non-replaceable adjustable bass port at the most elementary level, but with attenuation technology borrowed from our sister company that makes hearing protective gear (Rooth) to attenuate low and high frequency while leaving a small degree of midrange so you're not completely oblivious when you cross that busy city street! :ksc75smile:

This is truly exciting.let us know if there will be a dedicated thread soon.
I'm all in as long as they don't follow the current trend to cost more than twice its previous incarnations.

Appreciate the support!

Oct 2, 2017 at 9:19 PM Post #180 of 230
Think of our 4 pin connector really as a 2 pin connector - the utilization of 4 pins is really to bring the "Dual-Tone" concept to life. So essentially it's application is completely different. We initially toyed with the idea of creating a proprietary connector, but I think most people will agree that the last thing the world needs is another proprietary connector =P.

Our little module is essentially a non-replaceable adjustable bass port at the most elementary level, but with attenuation technology borrowed from our sister company that makes hearing protective gear (Rooth) to attenuate low and high frequency while leaving a small degree of midrange so you're not completely oblivious when you cross that busy city street! :ksc75smile:

Appreciate the support!
I'll be sure to visit UM this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back