CanJam@RMAF 2011 Listening Impressions Thread
Oct 15, 2011 at 3:13 PM Post #151 of 678
The new Woo WA 234

The new Woo CD transport and DAC. 

Oct 15, 2011 at 4:30 PM Post #155 of 678

Quote:
The new Woo WA 234

The new Woo CD transport and DAC. 

I personally don't think that those will look nice in my room... too retro sci-fi looking

Oct 15, 2011 at 4:34 PM Post #156 of 678
What system did you listen to the LCD-3 on?

I will post my full notes when I get home because typing on a phone is terrible.

I listened to all 3 amps they had at the table. With how busy they were they weren't allowing the cans to leave the table but I suspect the best pairing would be with the Darkstar.

These are the amps at the table. I'll give details when I get home. In backwards order of preference:

3. Eddie Current 2a3
2. RWA Audeze edition
1. Cavalli Liquid Fire

Oct 15, 2011 at 4:40 PM Post #158 of 678
apart wooaudio, audeze and sennheiser, no more news???
the rest is old stuffs?

Oct 15, 2011 at 4:45 PM Post #159 of 678
Has anyone at the show gotten to play with the new Wyred 4 Sound music server?

Oct 15, 2011 at 5:22 PM Post #161 of 678
If anyone has seen/heard the new Fostex products yet then please feel free to post your thoughts (TH900 headphones and HP-A8 DAC headphone amp).  It sounds like everyone is having a brilliant time.

Oct 15, 2011 at 5:25 PM Post #162 of 678
Justin says he is nearly full time building BHSEs and work on the X2 is moving slowly because of it. He said he might have news in about 6 months. Needless to say the project is far from completed. Move on to something else if you are holding out for the GilmoreX2.

Oct 15, 2011 at 5:44 PM Post #164 of 678

Quote:

1. The Sennheiser RS 220 is amazing.  I do have a unit at home that I lived with for about four days before the show, and the simplest way I can describe it?  Wireless HD 600.  As I said before, given the expected $599 MSRP, the RS220 would be my pick for Head-Fi product of the year (understanding that there's still more than a couple months to go before year's end).Does it raise the bar for the ultimate in headphone hi-fi performance?  No--it doesn't have the resolution and fidelity of the HD 800, LCD-2, LCD-3, SR 009, HE-6, etc.  But what it does do is provide what is essentially the sonic performance of the HD 600--still one of the easiest and best overall headphone recommendations for so many--wirelessly.  And that raises the bar for wireless headphone performance higher than I even thought possible now.This is the first wireless headphone I've used that I'd recommend as a candidate for primary headphone.  Those who want the über-performance, extreme rigs (I'm raising my hand here) would still marvel at what the RS 220 is capable of as a wireless headphone.  Most people, though, would simply marvel at the RS220's performance as a primary headphone, relative to wireless or wired performance, and be happy with it as their prime headphone.Again, the Sennheiser RS 220 is amazing. 

Jude thanks for covering the RS 220.   I've been interested in the Wireless Sennheisers for High Def TV and Movie viewing and now I'm glad to hear that music performance with the RS 220 will also be a pleasurable experience.  I'll be looking for the street price now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back