CanJam@RMAF 2011 Listening Impressions Thread
Oct 16, 2011 at 11:12 AM Post #241 of 678
Many thanks to Jude, dBel, Maxvla, Skylab, and JP-nums.  and to anyone else i missed.

i sorted through 16 pages of us chatting nervously amongst ourselves to read their thoughtful impressions.
So thanks to them for sharing...

To eveyone else:  Seriously.  What gives?
Where are the impressions?  Where are the photos? 

More obligatory popcorn:
popcorn.gif

*sigh*

The Wuss

Oct 16, 2011 at 11:44 AM Post #242 of 678
I have pics and info of the wyred 4 sound music server. phone pics so I hope they turn out ok. will try to post them when I get home tonight.

Oct 16, 2011 at 12:29 PM Post #243 of 678
Alex's reply to a comment from someone else about the price increase was and I quote " They'll sell." No defense of R and D no materials defense. I'm not so sure about the attitude behind all of this. The LCD3 does sound different, but imo its more a flavor difference than an improvement.

A follow up on this. I spoke with Alex today and he discussed there was quite a lot of R and D and invited me to see their lab. I probably should have tempered my previous post by mentioning he is being run ragged with how busy his table is and may just have been too busy to really get into a lengthy answer with the person he was speaking with.

So far my sonic impressions hold, but my judgement of Alex and co. is much better.

Have impressions of Ps500, HE6 on EF6. The fostex A8 is non functional.

Oct 16, 2011 at 12:37 PM Post #244 of 678

Quote:
I have pics and info of the wyred 4 sound music server. phone pics so I hope they turn out ok. will try to post them when I get home tonight.

Thanks man!

Oct 16, 2011 at 1:48 PM Post #246 of 678
This the listening thread. I think we also need a pic thread
tongue_smile.gif

I'm sure you guys there must be having a real blast and keep the feedback coming in - it's appreciated.

Oct 16, 2011 at 3:10 PM Post #247 of 678
I just came back from Rocky Mountain Audio Fest or RMAF last night and I was very impressed with the Beyerdynamic T70  more so than the Stax, AKG, Ultrasone and most of the Sennheiser models as well. Really brings out the room or concert hall sound in the recordings. Vocals are outstanding. Just a bit lacking in bass quantity as compared to the T1. The Stax's has a bit more detail. Ultrasone Edition 10 were just terrible sounding at the show. I had the previous old Byers 811 headphones and until I went to the show I was not considering another Beyer headphone but was quite surprised how well the T70 sounded. It was very conformable and good sound isolation without the vice-grip feeling.

Oct 16, 2011 at 3:22 PM Post #248 of 678
Ok I saved the LCD3 with the Darkstar for last. Flat out amazing. I did not want to take them off, but I had to give them back to Alex. The only rig present I would prefer would be the HE90 on the A-10. Every genre, male or female vocals, electronica, acoustic... I spent about 25 minutes with them. If I had a great source and $5k I would be first in line for the LCD3 and a Darkstar. This is no hype, just real reaction. As you will see when I post my full impressions I'm not afraid to dog things when I don't like them, even expensive stuff. The only reason you might go for a 009 instead is if you were chasing the absolute last shred of detail. I found the 009 without fault except that it was not as engaging as I wanted. Paired with the right amp, Audeze have met Stax and imo exceeded them already.

Oct 16, 2011 at 3:43 PM Post #249 of 678
I don't know why as I do not own shares in Audeze or have any sort of interest in their company other than being a blissfully happy owner of their headphones but your post made me feel really good.

Here is a young company owned by two people who are following their hearts and with great integrity produce stunningly wonderful headphones and now they have come up with this pair. My pride in ownership of the LCD2 Rev1's only increases as Alex and Sankar move further ahead with their philosophies of bringing the best headphones out at prices that though not cheap, are excellent value for what you get and in comparison to their competitors. I can only imagine they sacrifice greater profits for better prices so more people can get into better sound!

I can't imagine what must be going on in the offices of other headphone companies when they see what this micro headphone company are doing!

Oct 16, 2011 at 3:55 PM Post #250 of 678

[size=medium]
I know that the LCD-2 had some recessed upper mids.  Did the LCD-3 resolve this?  How are the upper mids on the LCD-3?
[/size]

Oct 16, 2011 at 4:00 PM Post #251 of 678
The only thing that could possibly be recessed on the LCD3s are the highest of highs. This the only spot where I thought the 009s had an advantage, and a slight one at that.

The bass through mids through treble is truly seamless and that goes for all amps I used with them.

Oct 16, 2011 at 4:02 PM Post #252 of 678
Did anyone listen to the LCD-3 through the Balancing Act? I'd be curious to hear a comparison between it and the Dark Star.

Oct 16, 2011 at 4:06 PM Post #253 of 678
I listened to the LCD2 on the BA and while it was nice I much preferred them on the Darkstar. The LCD2 and 3 are close enough that it can be inferred that I would like the 3s on the Darkstar better. These are of course just my opinions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back