CanJam NYC 2023 Impressions Thread (February 25-26, 2023)
Feb 25, 2023 at 1:57 PM Post #46 of 961
David Schultz and his Wife, Thavy are already having a great time early on Day 1. Be sure to stop by and say hello, and listen to some cool gear!

Capture1a.JPG

Feb 25, 2023 at 2:04 PM Post #48 of 961
Just had a listen to Spirit Centauri Planar
I found it warm and sibilant. Not sure if the pairing with AudioGd amp was wrong or DAC had an issue as I don’t know what DAC they were on or if it was AudioGd wasa DAC Amp
70F75238-C0FF-4F90-B645-C33E1C0E544C.jpeg

F4222326-ED9F-4B09-A6A8-71F00F01231D.jpeg
So horrible...

Feb 25, 2023 at 2:21 PM Post #51 of 961
1. Shoutout to my brother @HONEYBOY for contributing his Grimm MU1 streamer and Mola Mola for folks to try with Woo Luna!C0278611-0E75-4474-BB96-08E1C468E9FA.jpeg

2. Whole lotta fun to compare and contrast TOTL electrostatic amps with my man @Cigavelli with his own Shang SR. We share the same findings.
60F59CCB-6A89-4049-BCFA-161BB1B6E674.jpeg
3. Justin’s Grand Cayman with his tubes. It sounds fuller and bassier than last time I heard it at Capital Audio Show with more transparent and netural driver tubes.
09F28321-7FEE-43F0-80A5-9546B173F173.jpeg
3. Daniel let me tried his Audio Technica WA2022, It looks like a childish toy in pictures but looks way better in reality and sounds as I thought it to be . It matches well with my coat.D3E32DFB-717A-47AC-9133-0198E1A19DA2.jpeg

4. My buddy asked if anything surprising me… Not yet till I try the HE-1 tomorrow that is what I’m here for:) having fun with friends in my Summit Fi Headphone Audio club.
Any impressions on the Viva Electrostatic amp?
How the Corina compares to the Voce and X9000?

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Feb 25, 2023 at 2:25 PM Post #52 of 961
Does anyone know if there are any red wine audio amplifiers at any of the tables?

Sorry meant to say Vinnie Rossi, anyone know if there are any Vinnie Rossi amps here?

Feb 25, 2023 at 2:26 PM Post #53 of 961
What I'm looking foward to is the ZMF Atrium Closed impressions, Astell&Kern CA1000T impressions and Lotoo Mjolnir impressions
You mean this one ?
PXL_20230225_151920793.jpg

Pretty great first impressions with iems

Feb 25, 2023 at 2:38 PM Post #56 of 961
Just had a listen to UM Multiverse Mentor…the mids are melodious to say the least…bass seems same as Indigo and treble may be slightly better then Indigo but mids are just step above Indigo. Female vocals is second to non at its price Point. Overall an improvement over Indigo. Good work UM.

Feb 25, 2023 at 2:38 PM Post #57 of 961
Some brief initial impressions:
  • The ZMF Atrium Closed is outstanding. Super punchy and dynamic. Hard to tell anything about the finer points of detail retrieval in that listening environment but they definitely rocked out. I'm very, very tempted to buy one. Listened both on solid state and tube and both great.
  • ZMF Caldera - actually sounded a lot like a Susvara to me. If the $6k price tag on the Susvara is putting you off, this is a great alternative.
  • Feliks Euphoria with the Focal Utopia 2022 was also awesome. I haven't been super impressed with the Utopia in the past, but the tube amps were a great synergy and it sounded great. Just to be sure it wasn't the 2022 version doing it I visited the Focal booth and listened on SS amps, and they didn't have the same magic.
  • Feliks Envy with Susvara was really nice. Again I couldn't pick my own music though so while I was able to test other stuff out with the same tracks, that wasn't the case here. Some Alice in Chains acoustic sounded great though.
  • The Zahl HM1 -- I was choosing between this and the Holo Bliss late last year, and chose the Bliss. I did NOT have a chance to listen to either of them in advance so it's always been in the back of my head whether I made the right choice or not, but I can now say that I did. The HM1 sounded great, but I couldn't pick up anything that made it an improvement over the Bliss through the Susvara (which I also use). The DAC was a non controlled variable of course, but I'm quite glad I went with the Bliss for half the price.
  • DC Expanse -- Snooze fest on a Burson Soloist 3X GT, which was very surprising. I have that amp and it's super dynamic and punchy and can drive anything, but the Expanse sounded dead to me.
  • The new Hifiman Closed Back (whatever it's called): Reminded me of the HE1000v2 a bit in the sound signature. Wasn't able to choose my own tracks and really didn't like the playlist they'd put together though so harder to evaluate.
  • Audeze LCD-5 on Ampsandsound amplifier - sounded really good... I had an LCD-5 and sold it because I wasn't digging it, but that was through all solid state stuff. The warmth of the Ampsandsound really helped warm them up a bit.
I think the highlight for me was the Atrium Closed. Great work there.

Feb 25, 2023 at 2:44 PM Post #58 of 961
4. As a old custom of HRS Isolation products, Just as I expected and thought, it does add musicalities and warmth with a much better sonic result with SUS! This price is unprecedented among HRS rack.
776ED6DA-48C4-40CF-92F4-CD87778B4CC3.jpeg
Just to be clear, you're saying the Isolation rack improved the Sq of the Lina stack? I've always been skeptical of Isolation products in a headphone system. With speakers , I kinda see it.

Feb 25, 2023 at 2:44 PM Post #59 of 961
I went to the show this morning to hear the Corina, but they were having problems with connectivity. I did pick them up and try them on without sound. Similar in size and weight to X9000. I might try again tomorrow. This was my first show. Too bad they couldn't get things going before I had to leave.
They should be up and running again now

Feb 25, 2023 at 2:45 PM Post #60 of 961
Some brief initial impressions:
  • The ZMF Atrium Closed is outstanding. Super punchy and dynamic. Hard to tell anything about the finer points of detail retrieval in that listening environment but they definitely rocked out. I'm very, very tempted to buy one. Listened both on solid state and tube and both great.
  • ZMF Caldera - actually sounded a lot like a Susvara to me. If the $6k price tag on the Susvara is putting you off, this is a great alternative.
  • Feliks Euphoria with the Focal Utopia 2022 was also awesome. I haven't been super impressed with the Utopia in the past, but the tube amps were a great synergy and it sounded great. Just to be sure it wasn't the 2022 version doing it I visited the Focal booth and listened on SS amps, and they didn't have the same magic.
  • Feliks Envy with Susvara was really nice. Again I couldn't pick my own music though so while I was able to test other stuff out with the same tracks, that wasn't the case here. Some Alice in Chains acoustic sounded great though.
  • The Zahl HM1 -- I was choosing between this and the Holo Bliss late last year, and chose the Bliss. I did NOT have a chance to listen to either of them in advance so it's always been in the back of my head whether I made the right choice or not, but I can now say that I did. The HM1 sounded great, but I couldn't pick up anything that made it an improvement over the Bliss through the Susvara (which I also use). The DAC was a non controlled variable of course, but I'm quite glad I went with the Bliss for half the price.
  • DC Expanse -- Snooze fest on a Burson Soloist 3X GT, which was very surprising. I have that amp and it's super dynamic and punchy and can drive anything, but the Expanse sounded dead to me.
  • The new Hifiman Closed Back (whatever it's called): Reminded me of the HE1000v2 a bit in the sound signature. Wasn't able to choose my own tracks and really didn't like the playlist they'd put together though so harder to evaluate.
  • Audeze LCD-5 on Ampsandsound amplifier - sounded really good... I had an LCD-5 and sold it because I wasn't digging it, but that was through all solid state stuff. The warmth of the Ampsandsound really helped warm them up a bit.
I think the highlight for me was the Atrium Closed. Great work there.
On the Expanse. I have found they have to have music playing through them for about an hour, if they haven't been used for a while. Then they open up, get more transparent and for me, come to life. I found this out through trial an error. The change, to me, is quite dramatic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back